cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do my good peoples!???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I do my good peoples!???

Charm have u tried prequalifying thru the Amex site?
Message 21 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Venture will most likely give you a higher CL then the VentureOne. I believe the Venture min starting limit is 5k. But It seems like alot of people have started off with 10K or 15k. You also get 2x the rewards with the Venture compared to 1.25x with the VentureOne

Message 22 of 49
dragontears
Senior Contributor

have you tried Amex prequalify? My understanding is they pretty much always pull Experian and if your experian is close to the others the odds are not that bad.

Personally I am not a big fan of getting a card just beacause it has a high limit, instead I prefer cards where the rewards suit my spending (which is why I will never get a Venture), no two people on here have the same spending patterns so I would recommend you evaluating your spend and find cards that best match were your normal spend is.

Message 23 of 49
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@dragontears wrote:

have you tried Amex prequalify? My understanding is they pretty much always pull Experian and if your experian is close to the others the odds are not that bad.

Personally I am not a big fan of getting a card just beacause it has a high limit, instead I prefer cards where the rewards suit my spending (which is why I will never get a Venture), no two people on here have the same spending patterns so I would recommend you evaluating your spend and find cards that best match were your normal spend is.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself! 

Charm, make sure the rewards work... a high credit line isn't of much use if the rewards don't fit your spending profile.  Also, remember the Venture has that minimum spend to get the bonus as well... it's not just 'automatic'.

Message 24 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Netta073!  I just tried the Amex prequalify and it stated they have no exclusive offer for me at this time!  Any thoughts or suggestions

Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Anjallo!

Message 27 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I tried the Amex prequalify but the system stated they have no exclusive offers for me at this time!  Thank you for your advice as it is extremely helpful!  Any suggestions on good cashback cards with a decent CL to start off

Message 28 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice taken!  The amex blue cash everday suits me but when I completed the prequalify the system stated they have no exclusive offer for me they simply recommended the blue cash b/c I selected the cash rewards option as a need

Message 29 of 49
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Advice taken!  The amex blue cash everday suits me but when I completed the prequalify the system stated they have no exclusive offer for me they simply recommended the blue cash b/c I selected the cash rewards option as a need

I didn't have any exclusive offers either when I was approved for my BCP.

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.