cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do next with these Scores?

tag
derrickv
Valued Member

What should I do next with these Scores?

Here is my credit breakdown:
Pulled all 3 from myfico

TU:676 EQ:663 EX:651

TU:2 accounts,(2 still need to report),5 inq.,1 collection, 7 month credit history
The collection is from 2001 (afni)-181.00

EQ:5 accounts, 1 is derog.(Asset-1,987. from 2001), 4 inquiries, 1 collection, 7 month history

EX:4 accounts, 4 inquiries, 1 collection, 7 month history

What cards do you think I should apply for given my history and scores?

I currently have:
Orchard Secured-200.00
BestBuy Mastercard Rewardz-300.00 (AU)
Wamu-1500.00 (AU)
Kays-1500.00(AU)

I would like to get my own cards now.

What steps should I take to increase my scores?

I also posted on the CC section incase this was the wrong one.

Thanks for any help!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I do next with these Scores?

You might want to try for CapOne, they may deny you, but then send you an offer in the mail (seen that happen to a few people). Look for the card with limited credit history or poor credit (though seen people with lower scores than yours get CapOne). Also try for a BOA secured Visa, usually $99.00 for a $500.00 limit.
Message 2 of 7
derrickv
Valued Member

I had a CC from Capital One in 1999 that was charged off. Finally came off my reports a year or 2 ago. I never paid it.
I wonder if Capital One would give me another shot.

I haven't tried BoA yet but will look into it.

Im trying to figure out which cards would give me the best chance of getting approved with my short history and scores.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@derrickv wrote:
I had a CC from Capital One in 1999 that was charged off. Finally came off my reports a year or 2 ago. I never paid it.
I wonder if Capital One would give me another shot.

I haven't tried BoA yet but will look into it.

Im trying to figure out which cards would give me the best chance of getting approved with my short history and scores.

I think, with those scores, your chances with Cap One are awesome.

Hubby had a Cap One charge off in '05 (paid in full immediately afterwards) with a CL of $300. We apped hubby a week ago and was approved for $1K CL.

Ironic, huh? Charged off with $300, second chanced with $1K!

Go for it!! Smiley Happy

And best of luck!!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yeah CAp One will probably take those scores.  Apply for the "above average credit" cards with them and you'll probably start of with a CL in the $750-$1000 range.  I would also consider the Wal-Mart Discover, they will more than likely approve you also.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your collection looks like it should fall off this year. If that is the case I would wait to apply. You could get better offers without the collection. What is the exact date on the collection?

Just my 2 cents but I would think you really get a good offer without the collection.
Message 6 of 7
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

miahmarie wrote:
Your collection looks like it should fall off this year. If that is the case I would wait to apply. You could get better offers without the collection. What is the exact date on the collection?

Just my 2 cents but I would think you really get a good offer without the collection.

I agree! Once the collection drops off, better offers are probably available.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.