Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be my next move?

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: What should be my next move?

Congrats on the Citi approval!

Give Chase a call whenever you want to check on the status.  But if declined, call one of the backdoor numbers listed on this forum during normal working hours to recon.

I can't speak to the Discover and Capital One limits, but you can read around on the forum for what others think about credit limit increases from these issuers (hint: there are LOTS of threads about this  Smiley Indifferent  )

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 11 of 17
bndresa1321
Valued Member

Great I'll have to try an see what might be going on, hopefully I get an approval on this card, but I'll definitely call in for a recon if I have to. 

I figure if I just search around I'll find all of the information that I need regarding Discover and Capital One, but in all honesty I'm happy with where I am and I'm sure my CLs will grow with regular use like they have been. 

Thank you very much for all of the help!

Credit Cards:
Capital One Platinum MC (11/2009) - $2K | Discover IT(07/2011) - $1.25K | GECRB Visa (07/2012) - $2.17K | Citi Dividend Visa (12/2012) - $4K | Chase Freedom Visa (12/2012) - $5K | AMEX BCP (11/2014) - $5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa (12/2014) - $9K

Message 12 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, definitely call Chase.  I am sure you will be approved! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bndresa1321 wrote:

Great I'll have to try an see what might be going on, hopefully I get an approval on this card, but I'll definitely call in for a recon if I have to. 

I figure if I just search around I'll find all of the information that I need regarding Discover and Capital One, but in all honesty I'm happy with where I am and I'm sure my CLs will grow with regular use like they have been. 

Thank you very much for all of the help!

Hey bndresa1321!

Congrats on your approvals!  I'm super excited for you.  Please make sure to call Chase and recon asap so that you can push them along on the approval process.  I think if you speak to them with the frame of mind while talking with them that you want them as your primary go to card for all your purchases and that you are now in the process of developing relationships they will very likely approve you for a decent limit.

Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 14 of 17
bndresa1321
Valued Member

A bit of an update on Chase, I haven't received notice but just checked my account and they have added an account, so it looks like I have been approved!  They are starting me off at 5k, my new highest CL, very happy about that. 

I will be holding on to these cards and hopefully growing with them for a good while until I decide to go for the AMEX. 

Thanks again for all of the great advice, and always great to hear the support from these boards. 

Credit Cards:
Capital One Platinum MC (11/2009) - $2K | Discover IT(07/2011) - $1.25K | GECRB Visa (07/2012) - $2.17K | Citi Dividend Visa (12/2012) - $4K | Chase Freedom Visa (12/2012) - $5K | AMEX BCP (11/2014) - $5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa (12/2014) - $9K

Message 15 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your success!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bndresa1321 wrote:

A bit of an update on Chase, I haven't received notice but just checked my account and they have added an account, so it looks like I have been approved!  They are starting me off at 5k, my new highest CL, very happy about that. 

I will be holding on to these cards and hopefully growing with them for a good while until I decide to go for the AMEX. 

Thanks again for all of the great advice, and always great to hear the support from these boards. 

Congrats!  What did I say?  haha!  Told you 3-5K CL.  I still think you should go ahead and get the BCP before the Chase card reposts and the end of the year.  It will give you a great card (BCP) and set you up well with Amex for future cards.  JMHO!  Very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.