cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

@kdm31091 wrote:
And it's fine to not want to give them, but my point is it's not like it's absurd or unique for Synch to want to verify that you'll pay back your debt by collecting your tax forms. It's all business.

They can call my employer like everyone else. Or I'll shoot them a bank statement perhaps.

Message 41 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

Told them I wouldn't be sending in anything so they closed all 3 of my accounts. Said I can continue to make payments as agreed. I don't need the cards anyways. Scores in the 700s 30k limits on their cards only owe them 1500. I think they are really trying to cut the amount of credit they are extending.
Message 42 of 876
kdm31091
Super Contributor

To be clear I probably wouldn't provide a tax form for a synch card. I'm just saying that as the credit industry tightens we can expect more of this type of thing.
Message 43 of 876
baller4life
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
And it's fine to not want to give them, but my point is it's not like it's absurd or unique for Synch to want to verify that you'll pay back your debt by collecting your tax forms. It's all business.

And that's all well and good. But, what's NOT cool is Synchrony sharing such sensitive info with 3rd party data collectors. Not interested. Smiley Frustrated

Message 44 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's how I feel. I've sent docs to Amex and Bmw and both treated me well afterwards. Amex gave me 60k and bmw(haven't gotten the card yet) intially gave me 1k but boosted it to 10k after I verified my address and sent them a paystub and that's before even receiving the card. Good service so I won't miss synchrony.
Message 45 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

what's NOT cool is Synchrony sharing such sensitive info with 3rd party data collectors. Not interested. Smiley Frustrated

It's not outside the realm of possibility either that the Medical Information Bureau (MIB) could obtain info from your LexisNexis report related to sensitive medical expenses you listed on your tax form. Not a fun possibility.

I just can't imagine any of us wanting information about sensitive medical expenses (or conditions) out there to anyone, least of all to the MIB.

Message 46 of 876
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@eddiehaskell: What cards did you have and what were the limits? (If you don't mind me asking)

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 47 of 876
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

There are some posters on here who have in excess of $90K to $100K in Synch CL's. I wonder if they were affected?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 48 of 876
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Not sure if this helps, but I am able to still access my walmart card via the walmart website... albeit its the only synchrony card I have and it only 900 but still wanted to share.

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 49 of 876
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

Wow I will be watching this thread closely. I just got a lowe's account the other day. It started out at $700 I did the chat and asked for a increase and they increased to 15k. I would hate to get the card then them shut it down on me.

Message 50 of 876
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.