cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

I think the point is for us all to share information and for each of us to decide what is best for his or her situation, as Myzery did. Nothing wrong with that. Smiley Happy

Message 71 of 876
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the point is for us all to share information and for each of us to decide what is best for his or her situation, as Myzery did. Nothing wrong with that. Smiley Happy

Never said there was Hum " Smiley Happy "

Message 72 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked Synchrony to raise my Amazon prime card from 1.5l to 25k and they said no. That makes me a sad panda

Message 73 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

A big thank you to everyone who is adding to this thread. I'd always rather be informed than "in the dark." All of you are so knowledgable and willing to share your thoughts and ideas. That is what makes this forum awesome!

Message 74 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A big thank you to everyone who is adding to this thread. I'd always rather be informed than "in the dark." All of you are so knowledgable and willing to share your thoughts and ideas. That is what makes this forum awesome!

+100

Message 75 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
And it's fine to not want to give them, but my point is it's not like it's absurd or unique for Synch to want to verify that you'll pay back your debt by collecting your tax forms. It's all business.

But, IMO, it is absurd of them to require it be sent to LexisNexis who can than share it with anybody. Now that I know what is really happening with our tax transcripts, my response to any 4506-T request will be pound sand.

Message 76 of 876
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Is it just me or does it seem that the people that have been asked for income verification all report large income (>100k) or a significant increase in income?

Message 77 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
And it's fine to not want to give them, but my point is it's not like it's absurd or unique for Synch to want to verify that you'll pay back your debt by collecting your tax forms. It's all business.

But, IMO, it is absurd of them to require it be sent to LexisNexis who can than share it with anybody. Now that I know what is really happening with our tax transcripts, my response to any 4506-T request will be pound sand.

Honestly, that was a bit of information that I never knew! I love this forum! Just read long enough and no telling how much you will learn!

Message 78 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem that the people that have been asked for income verification all report large income (>100k) or a significant increase in income?

I have no clue.  I know many of us have been looking for a commonality with the frozen accounts. 

Message 79 of 876
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Best thing to do is just continue using your cards as your were. Like its been mentioned if it happens it happens , maybe just reanalize your accounts, reports behavior if it does happen to try and understand what may have caused it. Honestly, if they decide to close you down for some reason or the other, just remember there are always other lenders who may fill your needs. If all of sudden you start doing something way different then before, that might flag you faster. If you continue to use your credit alotted pay on time and such, there really should be no need to worry over AA or freezes. Just my humble opinion. I hope all ends well for all posters with any Sync problems. As for me ill keep buying some stuff paying them down or off when i sm supposed to and as an added measure just mske sure i dont keep requesting credit line increases like they're candySmiley Happy.
Message 80 of 876
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.