cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time of the month are the balances reported?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What time of the month are the balances reported?

I want to pay off the balances of my cards before it is reported to the credit bureaus so that it gets reported as a zero balance to help my score.   When should I pay the cards off?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What time of the month are the balances reported?

It will vary for each account.

On each card, check your online account to see the dates of previous statements. Some cards always report on a certain date --the 17th, for instance --and others ramble around several days in either direction.

Make an educated guess as to when each statement is due to post again, and stop using the card 5-6 days before. Then pay online 3-4 days before you think the statement will post. Wait until your statement shows up online, and then you can use the card again.

Although it is possible to do this all by mail, it is obviously much simpler to do it online.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.