cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to apply for...3.5 yrs post-BK 7, decent scores...

tag
MC9199
Valued Member

What to apply for...3.5 yrs post-BK 7, decent scores...

Hi,

I have been gardening and am planning to add a fourth credit card to my portfolio when a couple of INQs drop off my report in November (then I will have only one in the last year).

Problem is I BK'd most of the major banks (discharged Ch. 7 April 2010) so I have to avoid AMEX, Citi (2 cards), Chase (2 cards), Cap 1 (2 cards), and Wells Fargo (2 cards). (Cap 1 online card finder says "we didn't find any offers for you..."). Not interested in Discover.

I already have a Barclays card, not sure I want to try to get another one from them.

Should I try for a rewards card from US Bank? I know I probably won't qualify for Cash+, but is there another possibility? Is there any other bank that might be friendly to me...TD, Commerce? A rewards card would be great, but not required. I'd like a card with a $5000+ limit, is this realistic?

I have the following lines currently: Alliant FCU Platinum Visa, $15,000 (25% util, opened 5/13) | Barclays iTunes Visa $6000 ( 0% util, opened 11/11) | Best Buy MC $800 (0% util, opened 5/10, not reporting due to changeover from Cap 1). I also have a number of other closed accounts reporting paid as agreed/good standing going back ten years or more.

Most recent scores: EQ 675 | EX 722 | TU 713. Annual income $82K

I'd like to replace the Best Buy MC, since I think Citi may be unlikely to give me a CLI due to BK 7 discharged April 2010. Thoughts on this?

Thanks for your responses.

Gardening at least until April 30 2014--
FICO: 695 (as of 3/27/2014; M&T Bank Beacon 5.0 EQ FICO) | BK 7 Discharged April 2010 | Current Lines: OCCU Duck Visa $12,000 (1% util, opened 10/2013) | Alliant FCU Platinum Visa, $15,000 (5% util, opened 5/2013) | Barclays iTunes Visa $6000 ( 1% util, opened 11/2011) | Best Buy MC $800 (0% util, opened 5/2010 | M&T Bank Checking Overdraft LOC $500 (0% util, opened 1/2007)

Most recent scores (March 26 2014): EQ 701 | EX 751 | TU 705
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What to apply for...3.5 yrs post-BK 7, decent scores...

I'm actually shocked that you are not getting matched with Capital One and in this rare case I think I would say to go ahead and just apply for the Quicksilver for Excellent credit and if for some reason denied I can give you Executive Office phone and I would 99% bet you would get approved with over $5k limit!

Best Buy MC... I might go ahead and risk the inq and hit the CLI online and ask for $5k unless you really don't care for the card or anything then not really worth it.

What about this new Duck Visa many are posting about? not bad terms but probably not your best option for daily use for rewards... that would be Capital One if I was you!

USBank is a risk... they are not suer bk friendly but usually will start overlooking after 2 years and a 680 score so might be worth it since you don't really need any new credit and the inq won't effect you. I use to love them if you can get in... but don't currently carry anything with them so don't have as much experience as of late.

Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

QS is an option but I definitely wouldn't go with excellent credit (bk less than 5 years and IIB)
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
QS is an option but I definitely wouldn't go with excellent credit (bk less than 5 years and IIB)

OP's credit lines fit excellent credit for capital one and so do scores for that matter.

I hate capital ones "credit profile" thing anyway! Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I don't take much stock in their 'profiles' either. The concern is they were IIB and they may kick it down to average but since you have the number to the people who say, 'yes' looks like OP will be approved. Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

OP's credit lines fit excellent credit for capital one and so do scores for that matter.

Except for the whole bankruptcy part though. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Capital One Doesn't care about BK!

Message 7 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Capital One Doesn't care about BK!

You may very well be right but I was just going off cap1's credit level guidelines on their webiste. Having "Excellent" credit according to their guideline includes not having a BK. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 8 of 9
MC9199
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies. The Duck card sounds like it's worth a shot. Too bad I have to wait a month (for INQs to drop off). Hopefully I will remember to update this thread and have some good results to report.

Gardening at least until April 30 2014--
FICO: 695 (as of 3/27/2014; M&T Bank Beacon 5.0 EQ FICO) | BK 7 Discharged April 2010 | Current Lines: OCCU Duck Visa $12,000 (1% util, opened 10/2013) | Alliant FCU Platinum Visa, $15,000 (5% util, opened 5/2013) | Barclays iTunes Visa $6000 ( 1% util, opened 11/2011) | Best Buy MC $800 (0% util, opened 5/2010 | M&T Bank Checking Overdraft LOC $500 (0% util, opened 1/2007)

Most recent scores (March 26 2014): EQ 701 | EX 751 | TU 705
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.