Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do ? CLI or more CC's ? ?

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

What to do ? CLI or more CC's ? ?

Hello all;

Thank you for all the great information.

I need some advice of what to do if anything.  My credit is good, FICO TU 710, FICO EQ 727, and should be better next statement reporting as I have paid 5k in debit in last 30 days.  I should see a boost soon.

Here are my stats;

Discover More, 0 bal / 8.3k limit 6/2011

Citi Diamond Prefered 4.3k bal / 8.3k limit 3/2012

Wells Fargo Visa 0 bal / 3.5k limit 1/2011

B of A 0 bal / 2k limit 3/2012

Chase South West Visa 0 bal / 3.5k limit 8/2011

Chase Marriott Premier Rewards 0 bal / 12k limit 3/2012

Total CL is 37.6 with bal of 4.3k about 12% Util.

Is it better to ask for CLI on all these, since I have never asked for one and only have received auto CL’s on two cards over a year ago.

I would love another Chase card or move the Chase Southwest to a better card.

I do use my cards, almost always PIF, except the Diamond Card, as it is 0% for another 12 months.  I could PIF if needed.

Or better to get more CC’s ?  I hate CAP 1, so I will never get one from them.

I also think(but do not how to tell, do not want to wake the sleeping GIANT) I am blacklisted from AMEX because of charge off in 1994.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Joe…..

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: What to do ? CLI or more CC's ? ?

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Hello all;

I need some advice of what to do if anything.  My credit is good, FICO TU 710, FICO EQ 727, and should be better next statement reporting as I have paid 5k in debit in last 30 days.  I should see a boost soon.

Here are my stats;

Is it better to ask for CLI on all these, since I have never asked for one and only have received auto CL’s on two cards over a year ago.

I do use my cards, almost always PIF, except the Diamond Card, as it is 0% for another 12 months.  I could PIF if needed.

I also think(but do not how to tell, do not want to wake the sleeping GIANT) I am blacklisted from AMEX because of charge off in 1994.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Joe…..

Welcome to the forums!!!

I would go the CLI route personally. You have very nice cards and it looks like you would be just fine in getting increases.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Hello all;

Here are my stats;

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Joe…..

Welcome to the forums!!!

I would go the CLI route personally. You have very nice cards and it looks like you would be just fine in getting increases.

+1  You have established yourself with a great credit card lineup already.  CLIs would be the best way to go.

In regards to Amex, the concensus seems to be that if you are indeed blacklisted, your app won't even result in a HP as their internal records will prevent your app from going that far.  So it may be worth an app to Amex just to see if you are blacklisted.  Your scores are good enough for a revolver such as the BCE or BCP.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 5
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Yes, try for the CLI route rather than new cards, as you already have prime cards with nice limits.

I would try for a CLI on both Citi and Discover, as both of those will most likely be a Soft Pull - get something for nothing, I say!  Chase and BoA will both most likely be Hard Pulls, and I'm not sure what Wells typically does.

And I also agree that you should go ahead and try for an Amex if you really want one.  Your scores support it, and worst case scenario is the immediate decline with no HP if you have been blacklisted.

Keep us informed of the outcome...

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 4 of 5
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

+1

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.