Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about my CSR

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: What to do about my CSR

@redpat wrote:

Since Amex made changes to their charge cards the ability to accumulate MR point has never been easier.  Because of these changes I’m giving Delta a shot this year and having Biz plat w/ the 35% redeemtion rebate really helps reaching PM status.  

Depending on how many MR points you earn annually having both Plats can really work together nicely.

Yea I see that but since I rarely fly domestic and like to use my points on international long haul J or F redemptions and don't have particular airline loyalty that feature of the biz plat doesn't do anything for me. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The spend that makes a CSP > CSR is so narrow that it fits virtually no patterns.

If you aren’t going to swipe the CSx at all, then just close it.

If you are, really you should take a hard look at the numbers.

I likewise don’t see the value in two Amex Plats other than presumably chasing SUB’s as you are.

Different people different strokes but for me even soon (90% likelihood) applying for a CIP and moving a bunch of travel and some restaurants onto it the CSP still doesn’t make sense for a downgrade of my CSR.

        
Message 12 of 14
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
The spend that makes a CSP > CSR is so narrow that it fits virtually no patterns.

I likewise don’t see the value in two Amex Plats other than presumably chasing SUB’s as you are.

Different people different strokes but for me even soon (90% likelihood) applying for a CIP and moving a bunch of travel and some restaurants onto it the CSP still doesn’t make sense for a downgrade of my CSR.

I agree unless your using the 35% rebate on Biz Platinum or very regularly spend above 5K to get the 1.5MR I dont really see the point in the card. It's doesn't offer as many credits as the personal platinum. Everyone is different though, but you said you werent keeping it anyway.

At the end of the day, honestly it will come down to what card you can earn more points with and the redemption levels you can cash out at. Both the CSR and Platinum have their advantages/disadvantages. 

When you redeem F/J tickets which point system works better for you ? I'd be curious to hear your response as I'm thinking about ditching Chase when the next AF comes around.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 13 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I agree unless your using the 35% rebate on Biz Platinum or very regularly spend above 5K to get the 1.5MR I dont really see the point in the card. It's doesn't offer as many credits as the personal platinum. Everyone is different though, but you said you werent keeping it anyway.

At the end of the day, honestly it will come down to what card you can earn more points with and the redemption levels you can cash out at. Both the CSR and Platinum have their advantages/disadvantages. 

When you redeem F/J tickets which point system works better for you ? I'd be curious to hear your response as I'm thinking about ditching Chase when the next AF comes around.

At the moment I am heavily invested with amex MRs I use these for flights. I don't have many chase URs left (although I should get an influx with my new SUB) because I moved them to my hyatt account and that is how I tend to use Chase URs is for my hyatt stays. I also have points in specific loyalty programs like hilton and AA. I find I can accumulate Amex MRs and Chase URs fairly quickly with my combination of cards. My ink cards with 5 points and freedom with rotating category and my Amex Gold for restaurants/grocery spend with my amex business blue plus for non-cat spend that gives me 2pts on every dollar. I'm going to use my personal plat for airline purchases so should get 5x on those. The reason I like to deal with both chase and amex is that if there is a problem with one lender then I still have the other as backup. Of course if Chase ever gutted the ink card earning or made it impossible to combine points across cards I would likely close out all chase cards and go full in with amex. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.