Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?

tag
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do next?

@krixxuss wrote:

I've been lurking a while and leaning a lot. Just thought I would tell you guys about the progress I've made, and ask your advice on what I should do next.

Bad stuff:

-Tax lien......I'm currently taking care this. Getting resolved this year.

-Collections.........1 that will drop off in about 6 months.

-Repo........... Car repo in '08

-4 Inquiry's 

-6 months of history

Good stuff;

-Car loan.......Since 5/13   No lates.

-Credit Card.......Since 7/13  Just hit 6 months 

-All payments on time

-Low Util..........Pay off card every month

Scores:

Fico EQ. 667

FakoTrans. 667

Fako Exp. 679

My Cap1 Platinum just had an 6 month auto CLI from $300 to $1300!! Not bad, I was expecting less. As soon as I saw the increase I had a chat session with one of there reps. She was able to do a PC to the Quicksilver One. I wasn't able to get the $39 fee waived or get more CLI. I also called a backdoor number and couldnt get any more.

What should I do next? I was thinking about apping for the Barcleycard Rewards. Or maybe Carecredit, I need some Dental work done and it could get expensive. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Based on those two factors being together, I would wait until your Tax Liens has been resolved before considering any type of credit from Barclays. And to note, more than 2 INQs on your credit report within a 6 month period is also a red flag. Just give it more time and handle your that tax lien first. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 11 of 12
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: What to do next?

According to one poster, 2 new TLs within a month is enough to get Barclaycard nervous.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.