Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with SPG Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do with SPG Amex?

My SPG Amex is my highest limit ($32,000) and lowest APR (10.49%) card... though I've never carried a balance on it.

I got it mostly for the sign-up bonus.  The annual fee is coming up in a few months, and I really don't have much use for it anymore.  I use the Sallie Mae for its categories, and my Double Cash for everything else.  The BofA BBR card gets my phone bill every month for the $25/quarter.

What should I do with it?  I've thought about PC, but there isn't any Amex card that I'm interested in.  A lot of the places I shop don't accept Amex anyways...

So I'm considering closing it.  But that would slash my available credit from $80,000 to $48,000... although honestly, I only ever have maybe ~$300 balance reporting across all cards anyways.  What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
red259
Super Contributor

Re: What to do with SPG Amex?

@Anonymous wrote:

My SPG Amex is my highest limit ($32,000) and lowest APR (10.49%) card... though I've never carried a balance on it.

I got it mostly for the sign-up bonus.  The annual fee is coming up in a few months, and I really don't have much use for it anymore.  I use the Sallie Mae for its categories, and my Double Cash for everything else.  The BofA BBR card gets my phone bill every month for the $25/quarter.

What should I do with it?  I've thought about PC, but there isn't any Amex card that I'm interested in.  A lot of the places I shop don't accept Amex anyways...

So I'm considering closing it.  But that would slash my available credit from $80,000 to $48,000... although honestly, I only ever have maybe ~$300 balance reporting across all cards anyways.  What do you guys think?

If you don't use the card then I don't see a reason to pay the AF. Not sure what options you could PC it to, but if the option was available you could pc it to the ED or BCE which is no AF and keep the credit lines open. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.