Did you mean: 

What triggers Amex SUB payout?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What triggers Amex SUB payout?

AMEX is lightning fast with the SUBs. 

BAE46957-282B-40FA-A746-209891CA6CB4.jpeg

Charge made on the 16th, posted on the 18th, SUB given on the 19th. 

Message 11 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hmmm. I got both my SUBs before I reached the spend, which surprised me. And when I posted this on MyFICO, others stated they had received their's also before meeting the spend. On the Magnate, I was $150 away from the spend and on my  AmX ED, there was a pending purchase (not posted) and I still got the SUB prior to it posting.

I guess as always YMMV.

I'm sure it will be any day now.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The system is slightly different now; you have to make a payment to get the SUB, but in the OPs case they should be good to go as soon as they spend enough given they’ve made a payment already.
Message 13 of 19
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Hmmm. I got both my SUBs before I reached the spend, which surprised me. And when I posted this on MyFICO, others stated they had received their's also before meeting the spend. On the Magnate, I was $150 away from the spend and on my  AmX ED, there was a pending purchase (not posted) and I still got the SUB prior to it posting.

I guess as always YMMV.

I've been wondering for a while...is that an unintended misspelling? Or are you really proud of a $25k CL?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll know as soon as they post, because the MR amount will show on the top right corner of the screen.

In my experience the SUB can post as early as the day of, but generally the next day the charges post of meeting required spend.

Message 15 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Ok, I’m posting my recent DP for others. About 6 weeks ago I upgraded my BCE to BCP. I had a $250 SUB for $1000 spend. As of now, I haven’t been charged prorated AF.

I had about $250 spend this bill cycle. I made a $1100 charge on July 31st. Which posted Aug. 3rd. I made a $1100 payment on the 3rd as well. Since it was a Saturday, the posting happened the morning of Monday the 5th. Then Tuesday morning the 6th my $250 credit posted. HTH others.

Message 16 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

I guess as always YMMV.

I've been wondering for a while...is that an unintended misspelling? Or are you really proud of a $25k CL?

I think some autocorrect gremlins took over @CreditInspired's device...they got to the signature as well Smiley Wink  Or, maybe she meant Magnificent? Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

I guess as always YMMV.

I think some autocorrect gremlins took over @CreditInspired's device...they got to the signature as well Smiley Wink  Or, maybe she meant Magnificent? Smiley Very Happy

OMG! This is one for the books. I pride myself on being a good speller, unless it's a typo, so I don't know how I missed the distinction between magnate and magnet. Come to think of it, it may have been FinStar who pointed this out once before but it didn't click at that time. I truly can't stop laughing at myself. This is a hoot! I actually went to AmX home page just knowing I was correct. Then when I realized I actually was describing my little $25K CL as a wealthy CC no less, I don't know if I was embarrassed or just bowled over.

Thanks @FinStar and @wasCB14. I will be making that correction immediately. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does the new rule requiring the minimum payment being made, also apply to the SUBs as well? I thought that it was just on regular MR earnings. I haven't gotten a SUB under this new rule yet, as I just recently upgraded my BCE. I'm only half way there until my auto insurance posts. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.