cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What updates do you hope to see with CSP/CSR revamp?

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: What updates do you hope to see with CSP/CSR revamp?

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

Another one I just thought of:

• 7x/10x for travel purchased with a CSP/CSR on Chase portal (versus the existing 5x on Freedoms)

Absolutely and unequivocally not realistic.

Maybe 6x/7x then? Just something to entice people to have a Sapphire card for portal spend rather than just giving all those perks to the Freedom.

Heck, I guess even just 5x/5x (to match the Freedoms) would be better than nothing, and perhaps more realistic.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 11 of 95
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:
  1. Bring Disney back to the UR travel portal

1.  This is realistic.

I hope so. I didn't get my CSR until after they nixed disney redemptions, which I've been pretty bummed about.

For anyone who does Disney vacations, it would really make the Sapphires stand out from the crowd, since currently there is no way to book Disney redemptions for greater than 1cpp, with any credit card.

Message 12 of 95
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Chase doesn't exactly have a crystal ball as to when people will resume their old travel and dine-out habits. There's really no need to commit to "permanent" changes if a series of short-term fixes delays AF card account closures.

We should keep in mind that the DoorDash benefits were announced in the fist few days of 2020 and we can be pretty confident they were not in response to COVID.

I could see Chase making some further inroads into grocery/grocery delivery rewards credits. Do any banks offer Instacart perks yet?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 13 of 95
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Do any banks offer Instacart perks yet?

Yep, actually the Sapphire cards already do:

• $50 in statement credit for any new or renewing Annual Instacart Express membership (currently: $99)
  • $9.99 in statement credit for any new or renewing Monthly Instacart Express membership (currently: $9.99)
  • 3x total points on deliveries and pickups through Instacart for Sapphire Preferred cardmembers, on up to $3000 in spend
  • 5x total points on deliveries and pickups through Instacart for Sapphire Reserve cardmembers, on up to $3000 in spend

But those perks I think only last until 9/30/2020, so an extension would be great to see.

Message 14 of 95
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

We should keep in mind that the DoorDash benefits were announced in the fist few days of 2020 and we can be pretty confident they were not in response to COVID.

Hey, this is the internet!   You obviously mean "So, in JAN  2020 Chase was aware of COVID and already  trying to mitigate their travel income loss.    Hmmmm."

Message 15 of 95
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Hey, this is the internet!   You obviously mean "So, in JAN  2020 Chase was aware of COVID and already  trying to mitigate their travel income loss.    Hmmmm."

And if Chase knew about Covid in January, they must be responsible for it!

Message 16 of 95
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Out of respect for others' losses and to avoid conspiracy theory discussions (either leading to a thread shutdown), I suggest we stop the jokes.

Message 17 of 95
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Do any banks offer Instacart perks yet?

Yep, actually the Sapphire cards already do:

• $50 in statement credit for any new or renewing Annual Instacart Express membership (currently: $99)
  • $9.99 in statement credit for any new or renewing Monthly Instacart Express membership (currently: $9.99)
  • 3x total points on deliveries and pickups through Instacart for Sapphire Preferred cardmembers, on up to $3000 in spend
  • 5x total points on deliveries and pickups through Instacart for Sapphire Reserve cardmembers, on up to $3000 in spend

But those perks I think only last until 9/30/2020, so an extension would be great to see.

I paid the full $99 for an annual membership a few weeks ago, after a few months on and off at $9.99. I downgraded CSR to Freedom about 8 months ago. With the $300 travel credit but very little travel spend, I guess I'd have just about broken even if I'd kept CSR.

I upgraded my SD'ed ED to EDP a while ago...got 25k MRs to do so ($2k spend) but haven't hit 30 transactions a month yet...so I'm only getting 3x MRs. At least I can keep earning 3x, though, and won't lose the earn rate in 2 weeks. BCP didn't give enough marginal value to keep it for another year after I had upgraded ~14 months ago.

We'll have to see what Chase adds to the Sapphire cards for post-September.

Message 18 of 95
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I paid the full $99 for an annual membership a few weeks ago, after a few months on and off at $9.99. I downgraded CSR to Freedom about 8 months ago. With the $300 travel credit but very little travel spend, I guess I'd have just about broken even if I'd kept CSR.

We'll have to see what Chase adds to the Sapphire cards for post-September.

I suspect a lot of people have done the same, so it definitely seems like Chase will want to do something to entice people to PC back into their AF cards again. That is, unless their AF cards aren't really big moneymakers (or even money-losers as some have speculated in the past) and possibly they're trying to get people out of them for now, but the recent CSP SUB update suggests otherwise.

Message 19 of 95
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

I don't think they would make an announcement before January. The next quarter.  Chase did their big Q4 product reveal already.

Message 20 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.