cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version of TU FICO does Barclays use?

tag
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

What version of TU FICO does Barclays use?

My Walmart TU FICO on 9/6/12 was 706. I apped for a Barclay card on 9/11, was denied, then reconned for an approval. They pulled TU, and I just got the letter from them showing a FICO of 685. 

The only change in my TU report between those dates was that a credit card reported a $74 balance out of $1,000, whereas it had previously reported zero. I'm curious if Barclays is just using a different TU FICO version than Walmart, or if that balance really cost me 21 points. Anyone know what TU FICO version Barclays uses?

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: What version of TU FICO does Barclays use?

@Autumnslight wrote:

My Walmart TU FICO on 9/6/12 was 706. I apped for a Barclay card on 9/11, was denied, then reconned for an approval. They pulled TU, and I just got the letter from them showing a FICO of 685. 

The only change in my TU report between those dates was that a credit card reported a $74 balance out of $1,000, whereas it had previously reported zero. I'm curious if Barclays is just using a different TU FICO version than Walmart, or if that balance really cost me 21 points. Anyone know what TU FICO version Barclays uses?

I'm not sure of the version of FICO that Barclays uses. They may also use a cc-enhanced score. Howeve, it is entirely possible that the $74 cost you 20 pts. In July a $12 bal on $2500 CL cc reported. My EQ FICO dropped 10 pts! It went back up the next month when the  card reported zero bal.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Are yo usure they used a FICO score?? did it say that on the letter?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Yes, the letter specified that it was a FICO score from Transunion. The range they stated was consistent with that as well, 300-850 if I recall correctly. Unfortunately the letter did not give the actual version of the FICO score.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Autumnslight wrote:

Yes, the letter specified that it was a FICO score from Transunion. The range they stated was consistent with that as well, 300-850 if I recall correctly. Unfortunately the letter did not give the actual version of the FICO score.

It may be CC-enhanced or TU 04.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

It's been reported here and elsewhere that Barclay's uses TU98,  The same antiquated POS that you can purchase here at MyFico.  They've got to be the last major financial institution still using this model.  I wish that MyFico would update to at least TU04.  Smiley Mad

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.