cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was the worst credit you had approved for CSP?

tag
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

What was the worst credit you had approved for CSP?

I'm looking for average credit people who had maybe a lot of INQs, a few derogatory marks, short credit history, and/or low limits on other CCs. Income?

I'm looking to get the CSP at the end of the year. No applications until then. Score about 660 FICO. Lots of derogatory marks are set to fall off this year, a couple will remain. The itch is getting stronger.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: What was the worst credit you had approved for CSP?

666 was the lowest I've seen which was my dad's but that's cause of 2 medical collections and he had a 13 year relationship with Chase accounts and credit card.

Chase doesn't like baddies so I would refrain for a while til atleast majority of things falls off. If you live in NY go get it removed now =p

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

i'm itching to app CSP too!

Got an irl friend with CSP as her 1st card. NO cards before that. Had 1 paid in full and closed auto loan prior, and currently 1 year in for her 2nd 2yr auto loan. She banks with chase primarily though and has >100k cash as deposit. Did the app at a branch when the personal banker told her she'll get approved and she did. Not sure if the checking balance helped her more, or if her auto loan did, or both.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 10
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I was rejected with a 625. I have a released federal lien for 5500 from 2006 released 2008 and a BofA cc account closed in 2010 with a bunch of 120 day lates but no negatives besides that. Hope that info helps... From what I have read of citi, they set their standards then make no exceptions. I had a citi card earlier in my life and it is still on one of my credit reports as having been paid on time.

Message 4 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Csp is chase, not citi.
Message 5 of 10
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

666 was the lowest I've seen which was my dad's but that's cause of 2 medical collections and he had a 13 year relationship with Chase accounts and credit card.

Chase doesn't like baddies so I would refrain for a while til atleast majority of things falls off. If you live in NY go get it removed now =p

I don't live in NY, but I'm curious why you say that?

Message 6 of 10
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Paid collections in NY fall off reports after 5 years instead of 7 years... "paid" is the operative word here. Smiley Happy

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 7 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I am itching for this card too!!! And Im scared to app even with a FICO across the boards in the 680-720 range lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 10
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I am itching for this card too!!! And Im scared to app even with a FICO across the boards in the 680-720 range lol

post if you apply. do you have any derogatory marks on your report?

Message 9 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I got a CSP in January with a BK 7 reporting 7.5 yrs..no other neg besides bk reporting.....about 10 inq on each report about 6 months old.....i was a Washington mutual customer that transferred to Chase...thenmy 3000 CL was CLD to 800 and 29.99 apr...paid off and closed....also IIB chase for about 5000...
Hope this helps

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.