Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your DC SL?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What was your DC SL?

Sl $1200, currently 1200 comining up on 6 months, 1 failed hp attempt. This definitely seems to be tied to your profile and income. Hopefully i can get offered the sp language soon but for sure will not waste another hp for it. Maybe in 2 years when my profile is much stronger theyll like me more but only time will tellSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Low SLs are very common with the card. You can take another HP at activation to potentially get a higher limit or just opt to wait for a SP offer which often occurs after 6 months. The SP increases tend to be small, though.

My problem is that Citi already double pulls for the initial application, then wants another HP for the CLI. 3 pulls for a card with no sign up bonus or incentive is a little excessive. So my suggestion is to only go that route if you're sure you're keeping the card for the long run.

Message 12 of 36
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sl $1200, currently 1200 comining up on 6 months, 1 failed hp attempt. This definitely seems to be tied to your profile and income. Hopefully i can get offered the sp language soon but for sure will not waste another hp for it. Maybe in 2 years when my profile is much stronger theyll like me more but only time will tellSmiley Happy

My starting limit was $2600. Now,  a year and 10 months later, it's still $2600, despite perfect credit history and much higher scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low starting limits on the CITI Double Cash have been discussed numerous times on myFICO. To answer your question my starting limit was $2600.00. My scores were over 700 too.

Message 14 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to hear that SJ! Doesnt leave too much hope for the little guySmiley Wink. Maybe this thread will bring you some good luck and a sp is coming for you soon? Hope so. I know i dont spend much so i guess not too big a problem but id imagine for the big spenders out there you'd want a higher cl to work with. CheersSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@bbp, yup noticed this too but its the DC, so you know always will have interestSmiley Happy
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I received a mailer for the Citi DC card, and I had been looking at this one for a while so I decided to go ahead and apply. I was only approved for 3400. I have other 10k+ cards and all scores are over 700, so I was kind of disappointed to get such a low SL. I was just curious what everyone elses SLs were to see if this is fairly normal, or if they were a little leery towards me. Thanks!

NONE, they wont give me one hahahahahahahahahaha

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're all making me jealous.  I started 8 months ago with a $500 limit (yes, five hundred dollars).  Score at the time was in the 720s.  I've tried everything I can think of to get a CLI,  but still stuck at $500. Smiley Sad

What do the denial letters say?

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was approved in Septemeber at $3000 and requested and was approved for a cli to $4400 in late March.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.