What was your first card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was your first card?

1. What was your first card?Macys

2. What was the initial limit? $100

3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? 1982!! 18

4. Do you still have it open? Closed It a few years ago thinking about applying again

Message 41 of 59
ekuarykan
Established Member

1. J. Crew credit card
2. $250
3. Opened in September 2013, and I was 31.
4. I'm new to credit, so it's still open. I use it almost monthly. I love J. Crew clothing.
AMEX Gold - NPSL, BoA Travel Rewards - $25K, AMEX ED - $21K, Verizon Visa - $20K , Discover IT - $16.7K, Apple Card - $16.5K, Amazon Visa - $14.5K, Chase Freedom Unlimited - $10.6K, Citi Rewards+ - $10.1K, GAP Visa - $10K, Barclays View MC - $10K, Citi AA Gold - $9.1K, Chase United - $8.5K, AMEX BC - $7.8K, JetBlue Plus MC - $7.5K, Target REDcard MC - $3.5K, Macy’s AMEX - $1K, Walmart MC - $300
Message 42 of 59
Stralem
Established Contributor

Capital One Platinum secured.

$250.

Opened in 2010.

I was 27 or 28.

I closed it when I got better, higher-tier cards.

I do not regret my decision.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 43 of 59
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Curious so i just thought i would ask:

1. What was your first card? Elan Financial Services (Bank CC)

2. What was the initial limit? $500 

3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? (if you dont mind answering this one) I opened it 2010 and i was 18

4. Do you still have it open? or did you close it? Currently its still open but it doesnt get used a lot mainly due to the rewards arent very good. I do appreciate CLI are SP

On a side note, to add a AU do they need to be 18?

1. Cap1 secured

2. 1000.00

3. opened in Nov.2012, I was 30

4.i closed it exactly 1 year after opening it.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 44 of 59
p-
Valued Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

1. What was your first card? 

2. What was the initial limit?

3. What year did you open it?

4. Do you still have it open? 

1. Orchard Bank Credit Card

2. 300 big fat dollars, with an app fee an annual fee that use up a third of the limit.

3. 2008

4. Yes...  

It is now a Cap1 QS with a 2,200 dollar limit, no AF.  It's my dream to push his card up until it's a five-figure WMC.  I get a bump on request every six months, and as soon as I cross 5k I will ask for WMC status.

Message 45 of 59
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

1. What was your first card? Total Visa Offered by Plains Commerce Bank

2. What was the initial limit? $300 

3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? (if you dont mind answering this one) I opened it in 2006 I was 32 YO

4. Do you still have it open? or did you close it? I closed it in Sept 2012

Message 46 of 59
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

1. What was your first card? First National Bank of Omaha-Visa and MC

2. What was the initial limit? $3K, each card-total $6k CL

3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? (if you dont mind answering this one) 1980...21 years old

4. Do you still have it open? or did you close it? No...closed both in 1987...wished I knew then what I know now about age of accounts and how it impacts your credit score

Message 47 of 59
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

1. What was your first card? Capital One (MTV card)

2. What was the initial limit? $500 

3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? 2010 when I was 20

4. Do you still have it open? or did you close it? Account is still active once in a while but it has gone through quite a few changes.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 48 of 59
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

1. What was your first card? Amex Green
  2. What was the initial limit? NPSL
  3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? 1987, 20 y/o
  4. Do you still have it open? or did you close it? No, but have 4 other Amex cards.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 49 of 59
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

1. What was your first card? Capital One

2. What was the initial limit? $4000

3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? (if you dont mind answering this one) I opened it 2011 and i was 18

4. Do you still have it open? or did you close it? Closed it because the interest rate was way to high. But now I have a Capital One Venture Card! Limit: $15,000

On a side note, to add a AU do they need to be 18? No they don't need to be i was even a joint user on a account when i was 15 maybe i should list that one to haha.

1. What was your first card? Kay Jewelers

2. What was the initial limit? $2500

3. What year did you open it, and what age were you? (if you dont mind answering this one) I opened it 2007 and i was 15

4. Do you still have it open? or did you close it? It is still open and is building my credit but i don't use it.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.