Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your first card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was your first card?

When I was 18, my first card ever was a Capital One Platinum with a tribal pattern on it (it was black with like the tribal band tattoo across the front).  I canceled that card a long, long time ago and have been credit-less for years but yeah, that was the first card I ever had.

Message 11 of 56
xgac12x
Established Contributor

On my own, $500 Discover It. Mom cosigned on a BB Credit Card and got a $2,000 CL and then she lowered the limit to $600 lol. I wish I wouldve known about this forum before she did that haha

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 12 of 56
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Walmart

Message 13 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

South Shore Bank Mastercharge 500 CL in late 70's and then Amex Green when I graduated from BC in 1978

Message 14 of 56
Santi78342
Established Contributor

My first card nearly 6 years ago was my University of Wisconsin Credit Union card. It started out as a student card with a $1k credit limit and no rewards. It has since been converted to a rewards card with a $10k limit. It doesn't get used much as it is only a 1% cash back on everything card and rewards are only paid out once a year. I'll keep it open forever since it's tied for my highest CL, has no annual fee and has sentimental value. I actually like the look of this card so I'll edit my post later with a pic.

EDIT: Looks a lot better in person but here it is. Can't really see that it's all "sparkly"

Message 15 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't remember specifically, but I'm sure it was one of the store cards. It was the late 1970's and I was loading up on them. Then it was BankAmericard, Mastercharge, and Amex Green. I had a seriously fat stack stuffed in to a giant wallet, and whipped them out at every opportunity.

Message 16 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Open Road for Students in 2012.

2% for gas and dinning if I'm not mistaken.

Message 17 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Citi Forward, but the student version without 5x on restaurants. Starting limit of $1k and at the time of closure $2.3k.

In the process of trying to get it back open but it was pretty essential in me being able to get other cards.

The student version did come with 5x, at least when I applied.

Message 18 of 56
Zz_JC_zZ
New Contributor

Mine was a Cap 1 Platinum, $300 limit.

Starting Score (July 2013) Exp 665 Equ 658 TU 660
Current Score (Feb 2015) Exp: ??? Equ: 765 TU: 776

Amex BCE ($12,000) Discover It ($7,400) Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2,250) Cap1 Platinum ($4,500) Express Next ($1,450)
Message 19 of 56
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

Capital One secured with a 200 credit limit Smiley Very Happy

Ditto. So there is hope! Smiley Very Happy

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.