cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will Amex give me?

tag
NADA918

What will Amex give me?

I really want to get the Amex Blue cash card, so I want to hear everyone's input.

Wellsfargo Visa CL-2200

Discover CL-750

Utilization is at 14%-I pay it off every month, and I pay them down before the statement closes.

Auto Loan balance-14k

EX score is 730, never late on anything, no baddies. 

Income is only 26k

I have been fighting discover to give me a CLI but they wont do it without a hard pull, which I do not want. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What will Amex give me?

@NADA918 wrote:

I really want to get the Amex Blue cash card, so I want to hear everyone's input.

Wellsfargo Visa CL-2200

Discover CL-750

Utilization is at 14%-I pay it off every month, and I pay them down before the statement closes.

Auto Loan balance-14k

EX score is 730, never late on anything, no baddies. 

Income is only 26k

I have been fighting discover to give me a CLI but they wont do it without a hard pull, which I do not want. 

I would suggest getting your util <9% and make sure only one of your cards are reporting a small balance, and based on what you posted, I'd say they would approve your for at least 2K.

How many inq's on EX, and are those accounts you already have over 6 months old, also, what's your AAoA's? Things like this are also a major factor in their decision.

Message 2 of 26
NADA918

So I should have one of my cc's report a $0 balance, and the other less than 9%? 

All of this info is from freecreditreport.com

It says I have 2 inquiries, the wells cc is over 2 years old, and the discover was opened in December. 

I have had the car loan since Jan.

What are AAoA's? Sorry I'm new here. 

Even with my low income, you think they will approve me for a revolving card?

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for the Amex BCE last week. Didnt get instant approval, but i was informed i was approved 2 days later.

Im a college student and working part time so for my income, i stated that i made 11k a year.

Exicted to get this card, should be arriving sometime this week.

I did however have a Zync with them already since March, pretty sure that made an impact on the decision.

hope this helps

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the other way around. Let only one card report 1-9% utiity and everything report ZERO.

One rejection lenders sometimes use is TOO MANY CARDS WITH BALANCES. This is why you only want one to show a 1-9% utility.

Message 5 of 26
NADA918

I thought that is what I said?

1 card with under 9% utilization, and one reporting $0? 

Message 6 of 26
NADA918

What did your credit profile look like before you got zync?

Given your situation, do you think I would be approved without getting the Zync?

Message 7 of 26
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@NADA918 wrote:

It says I have 2 inquiries, the wells cc is over 2 years old, and the discover was opened in December. 

The AAoA is the Average Age of Accounts -- yours should be slightly above 1 year. (One counts everything, which means the car loan, every CC, and student or other loans).

It's always hard to predict the outcome of an application, but from what I understand the income would not be an issue, in my opinion, but you may want to wait a little longer and get closer to a 2 year AAoA, perhaps.

Other opinions?

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 8 of 26
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@NADA918 wrote:

So I should have one of my cc's report a $0 balance, and the other less than 9%? 

All of this info is from freecreditreport.com

I was approved for AmEx Blue Cash with a Fako creditreport.com score of 715. At the time; I had over a dozen inquiries on Ex, shorter AAOA (oldest account was 16 months), and lower limits on my cards ($900, $500, $500, & $1500), utilization less than 9%. 

The only thing I see getting in your way, might be that your prfile might be a little 'thin'.

I say go it. App for the card you want. Zync is the backup plan. 

If you get declined (or get the 7/14 day response); recon immediately (App during normal working hours, during the week, so you can recon same day).

If you still get declined on the recon; promptly App for the Zync on the same day (so you only get hit with 1 inquiry).

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 9 of 26
NADA918

Oldest account: 2.6 years

AAoA: 1.3

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.