Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will Citibank do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What will Citibank do

So I was SP CLI declined recently because I've reached max exp (DC 27950K). Now if I'm approved for another card will Citi take limits from my DC?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: What will Citibank do

There's a very good chance they will not. Mainly depends on the card.

I've only been asked to do it once.

I was able to grab several more without affecting my other Citi CLs.

Message 2 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I was SP CLI declined recently because I've reached max exp (DC 27950K). Now if I'm approved for another card will Citi take limits from my DC?

I assume you mean $27,950 or $27.95k. Not many here can advise on CLs of nearly $28 million.

The search tool shows a $30k Prestige and $46k AA card. Not sure if DC is really stuck at a $27,950 maximum...unless it's relative to income or history.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 8
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I had a $40,000 American Airlines credit card from Citibank from 1990 until 2014.  The card started at $10,000, and Citibank regularly increased the credit limit without my ever requesting an increase.  Has Citibank become more conservative in their credit limits since I left them?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@UpperNwGuy 

I wouldn't say more conservative. They have so many CC's to offer. Between in house and cobranded.

They don't want all your exposure on one card.

Message 5 of 8
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Well.... Back in the good 'ole days, Citi let some fun happen. icon_mrgreen.gif

Citi CLI Glitch 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

There's a very good chance they will not. Mainly depends on the card.

I've only been asked to do it once.

I was able to grab several more without affecting my other Citi CLs.

@Gmood1   not to side trip this thread my computer cannot almost show all of your cards?! YIKES! Smiley Very Happy Also, your showing your age with that Citi Dividend Card Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few years back I found Citi Bank would let me open a card with a $500 limit and then move part of a CL from another card. The last time I did it was May 2015 so times change. Also, it seems to me the card/lenders change their guidelines so often it is hard to get good reliable Data Points anymore. Since November 2014 Citi won't even consider me for a CLI and I asked a CSR about it ... she said I likely hit the "internal risk limit" which I tested a coupe of weeks ago and again received the ole CLI denial.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.