Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen now?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: What will happen now?

you will have the exact same scenario you were in before, only an added car payment

Message 11 of 34
linux007969
Established Contributor

@core wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:
Its also a Certified Pre-owned which can make a difference in value.

When I go to someone's house to look at a car with a pocket full of cash, I don't remember once asking them if it was a 'certified pre-owned' car 5+ years ago when they bought it.  If you're going to sell it back to a dealer you're going to get rapped either way.  I don't think it's going to make a difference.  Then again, if this is going to be a pattern, if in a couple years you trade it in for a shiny new $50k vehicle yeah they might give you a real good deal on a trade in.  The salespeople will be doing high-fives in the breakroom after you leave the lot.  Just like last time.

By the time you get this thing paid off the car won't be worth much of anything.  Unless your income triples in the next couple years.  To me, and this is just my opinion, it kinda sounds to me like you are trying to rationalize this insanely expensive purchase.  The insurance alone on this is going to be a cash flow killer.   I hope you've got free rent+board lined up for the next 4-5 years because that's the only way I see this working out well for you.  Hope it does.

I live rent free and the car is going to be added to my parents policy and i just pay them the difference, and my expences are normally low like this year i saved a ton of money compared to many other years, so things should be all good! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 12 of 34
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I, personally, would not pay 20K for a 4  year old SUV. For that price you could have bought a much more efficient, car brand new.  I doubt anyone who has car buying/selling experience would say this is a wise purchase... well, I am sure the dealership and the salesmen would say different. Smiley Wink

Congrats, either way.

Message 13 of 34
wa3more
Established Contributor

OP - Please be careful, do not over extend yourself. If you ever do, sell the car and get something cheaper.

I hate buying extended packages on anything. Usually not worth it.

Message 14 of 34
linux007969
Established Contributor

i guess i forgot to mention it has just under 30,000 miles and still has whats left of the factory warranty.

either way I think i got a good deal compared to what's here in my area out of the big time car dealers, and also i had a great sales expirence there was no pressure and not forced into anything and the salesman has been very nice and joked a bit, and our CEO bought his car there so i made sure to drop his name.... lol So i think its all good. Smiley Wink

My main question was basically will my limits get slashed since the existing creditors will see me with a substantial amount of a new credit account of sorts???

Message 15 of 34
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I got a car for $20k last year... A 2012 Dodge Charger with 28k miles.

SUVs just don't do anything for me.
FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 16 of 34
linux007969
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

I basically needed something that was going to be good in the winter, something that would be able to get in the driveway at our apartment complex cuz the sidewalk ramp for the driveway is too steep for low cars, i also wanted something that had future potential like if i need to have enough room to haul something, also i'm used to the height of an suv cuz my parents have a 97 explorer, a few times already when i rode in a lower car i had to get used to it as its a lower altitude or something as it made my head feel a lil weird till i got used to it. So an suv is an all around good thing for me.

Message 17 of 34
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Ignore the car critics and enjoy your new ride.  

Message 18 of 34
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

I basically needed something that was going to be good in the winter, something that would be able to get in the driveway at our apartment complex cuz the sidewalk ramp for the driveway is too steep for low cars, i also wanted something that had future potential like if i need to have enough room to haul something, also i'm used to the height of an suv cuz my parents have a 97 explorer, a few times already when i rode in a lower car i had to get used to it as its a lower altitude or something as it made my head feel a lil weird till i got used to it. So an suv is an all around good thing for me.

I know the feels, linux. I'm perfectly content with a little compact car, but with my commute and job that will really require me during the winter, I needed an SUV too!

I decided to go with a new car, just because the used ones they were showing me had too much mileage on it and too close in price to a new car without all the fancy gadgets. I'll likely be putting on 25k miles each year on the car, at least until I can move closer to my job, but hopefully you're luckier and don't have as far as a commute!

Congrats on the new car, though Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 34
linux007969
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

I know the feels, linux. I'm perfectly content with a little compact car, but with my commute and job that will really require me during the winter, I needed an SUV too!

I decided to go with a new car, just because the used ones they were showing me had too much mileage on it and too close in price to a new car without all the fancy gadgets. I'll likely be putting on 25k miles each year on the car, at least until I can move closer to my job, but hopefully you're luckier and don't have as far as a commute!

Congrats on the new car, though Smiley Happy

Thanks! Thankfully my commute to work is like 15 minutes or less depending on traffic. Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.