cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will you replace your Synchrony cards with..?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What will you replace your Synchrony cards with..?

For me? NFCU CashRewards, Amex BCP and PRG

Waiting on an approval from Alliant as well...

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What will you replace your Synchrony cards with..?

Was your Amazon store card the Prime version? If so, that one would be the toughest to replace (5% cashback) for those that weren't lucky enough to get a Sallie Mae card. I supposed Chase's Amazon Visa would be the next best thing (3% cashback). Well that, and Chase and Discover's rotating categories for Amazon.

Replacing Lowe's might be a little tricky as well, although Chase and Discover usually rotate that category as well.

Message 2 of 28
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Already have other options for Amazon. As stated in other thread, a couple cards with consistent 0% BT offers (citi DP, some barclays cards) will give the same results, if minus a little cash back, as the Amazon card. Otherwise, my prime bank cards cover the other categories synch MCs do.

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was Prime... I dont use Amazon that much, so its not THAt big of a deal to lose the 2% that I dont get with Chase.. I should update my siggy.....

Message 4 of 28
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it was Prime... I dont use Amazon that much, so its not THAt big of a deal to lose the 2% that I dont get with Chase.. I should update my siggy.....

LOL, you should.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed !

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, you should.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that's good. I love Amazon (loved it more before they started charging sales tax, but still love them) so I would be crushed if they closed mine. I love the 5% cashback and the special financing offers. If they closed my Walmart card the only thing I'd miss is the free TU Fico score Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 28
compassion101
Established Contributor

Did they actually close alot of accounts? All accounts? I logged into my azazon store card and it seems nothing has changed.

I saw the big thread about it but all i could gather from the first few pages were that some accounts had been frozen

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it happens, NFCU, Penfed, TD Bank.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.