Did you mean: 

What would be my next move?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: What would be my next move?

@jorgevazquez87 wrote:

My spending pattern is very simple:

1. Monthly I spend around 200-250 in the supermarket (Walmart or the local store affiliated with Walmart so I can pay with the card)

2. 1 time every 6 months I do a big purchase (around 900-1500) but not in a particular thing at all. Pretty much things I look that I got interested to buy like electronics, car stuff and things like that

I don't travel in a long time so the focus is not really a card with perks on traveling, not at this moment, I don't want either to pay annual fee. I can tell that I'm very cautious with what and when I spend my money for.

Pretty much my objective is get a longer credit history but without taking any high risks that can get me a decline on a app.

I forgot to mention that I have a mortgage and a loan for 1800 of 3000 that I'm currently paying and I will paid in full before the end of this year.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks!

Very helpful to know what you're looking for of course! Given the information you've provided, I suggest the NFL Extra Points card which carries no annual fee, gives you 1% cashback redeemable for statement credit, and offers $400 bonus after $2,500 spend in 90 days. If you time your big purchase during the first 90 days, it won't be hard to meet the spending requirement. $400 is equivalent to the amount of cashback you would earn in years from most other cards.

www.nflextrapoints.com/xlvii

Barclays is inquiry- and new account-sensitive, but since you only have one card you should have a good shot. If you apply, good luck! Cat Embarassed

Message 11 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Any of those are good suggestions.
However, given your $200-250 spend on groceries, I'd app for an Amex BCE- go for the gold!! If denied, then try Freedom.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 16
m3rge
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for sharing your suggestions!

I would like to give a brief update:

I still haven't made the move on applying for another credit card.

I currently have the Walmart Store Card with 134.90/5000. My personal loan is 1643/3000 and I also have a joint mortgage (me as primary). No baddies and credit score is sitting on 718 on Walmart TU FICO report.

What card is harder to get, AMEX BCE or Discover IT? What are the things that both card take into consideration that can impact a decision more than anything?

Message 13 of 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@jorgevazquez87 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I currently have a Walmart Store Card. 4 months ago i started with $900.00 CL and a few days ago, got an automatic increase for 1400.00. I have 707 FICO Score and i've paid a few loans incluiding the university loan (in full) for 5K. I would like to add another CC to my credit history, my question is: what would go after the Walmart Store card? Also, what chances I got to get the Walmart Discovery Card, how much time?

Thanks!

I'd try for the Discover it.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 16
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Since you do your grocery shopping at a Walmart, I wouldn't get the BCE or BCP. Walmart does not count as a supermarket, and therefore would only get you 1% on groceries.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 15 of 16
m3rge
Regular Contributor

So I guess everything points to Discover It right?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.