cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be next best credit card for me?

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: What would be next best credit card for me?

@FlaDude wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

I agree with others to sit tight for a bit.

But for a future card, maybe consider US Bank Cash+ for 5% cashback on your Utilities & Phone Provider.

To slightly hijaak this thread, is 5% on utilities always available, or only during some quarters? I looked at the US Bank site and don't seem to be able to see the categories without a login, is there somewhere they are available to view? Is cable included as a utility?

Utilities has been available for at least the last 3 years.

They have a "Utility Category" which covers things like electric, gas, propane, water, sewer, trash.

A new category for "TV, Internet, and streaming services", starting April 2019.

The two are different. Utility does not cover TV/Internet and TV/Internet will not cover Utilitys

You get 2 - 5% categories so you can cover both, but it requires you selecting both categories as your picks.

Other popular categories are CellPhone, Sporting goods, Gym Membership.

I like the card a lot, and have no issues.

Message 21 of 27
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

https://cashplus.usbank.com/offer/all

Smiley Indifferent

Ugh! I have read this multiple times here and I keep spacing it anyway. Thanks for the reminder!

Guess I’ll be hopping that garden fence again after all. 

That would give me cable/tv/internet and Utilities since they are both higher than my cell bill. I'd have to decide if it's worth having my wife get one to get back ~$8/month on the cell bill.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 22 of 27
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Yep, that's pretty outstanding. Wish my internet/satelite provider and my power company wasn't such a stick in the mud.  Well the OP has some good info about this particular card, if nothing else.....lol.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlaDude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Smiley Indifferent

Ugh! I have read this multiple times here and I keep spacing it anyway. Thanks for the reminder!

That would give me cable/tv/internet and Utilities since they are both higher than my cell bill. I'd have to decide if it's worth having my wife get one to get back ~$8/month on the cell bill.

I will do just about anything to get my Comcast bill down. $140 on a promo for internet only. 5% off the top sounds good to me. 

My cell bill is only $60.08 a month though but it’s still $10 a month back with this card and would open my BBVA 3% to another category (currently its utilities which covers both so I would probably switch it to retail). 

Message 24 of 27
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Smiley Indifferent

I will do just about anything to get my Comcast bill down. $140 on a promo for internet only. 5% off the top sounds good to me. 

My cell bill is only $60.08 a month though but it’s still $10 a month back with this card and would open my BBVA 3% to another category (currently its utilities which covers both so I would probably switch it to retail). 

Whoa, that's high for internet only for Comcast. Any reason why it's so high? Have you called cancellation to see if they can give you a better rate? I'm paying $48 a month for internet only and I'm in CT.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Smiley Indifferent

Whoa, that's high for internet only for Comcast. Any reason why it's so high? Have you called cancellation to see if they can give you a better rate? I'm paying $48 a month for internet only and I'm in CT.

It’s $89.99 a month until June 2020 for gigabit but they slap $50 on top because of the stupid 1TB cap (which we amazingly never end up being under). 

When the promo is up, I’ll downgrade, but there are 4 of us here and there is constant streaming (including 4K in my room which is 100 +/- 20Mbps alone), gaming, we all have phones, etc so the 35Mbps upload on the internet keeps all of us from bottlenecking each other. 

The scary part is that regular price is $179 Smiley Surprised

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months later update and seeking advice now

Discover fico Credit Socrecard - 770

Bofa Fico Credit Score- 770

Capital one Creditwise TU score- 773

Credit Karma TU & Equifax 773

Average credit age- 2 years

Hard inquires open - 1

Ontime payment, no derogatory remarks

Current credit cards
1. Bofa Rewards : CL 9000$, utilization 1%, since August 2016
2. Discover : CL 4500 $, utilization 6%, since Sept 2016
3. Capital one : CL 5250 $, utilization 1%, since Nov 2016
4. Amazon Store card: CL 9000 $ utilization 1%, since Dec 2016
5. Old navy Store card : CL 7500 $, utilization 1%, since Dec 2018
6. Barclay uber visa card: CL 5000 $, Utilization- 21%, since Feb 2019
7. Authorized user in American express blue cash for my wife : CL 6000 $, since Dec 2018

Total limit: 46250 $

Average utilization: 3%

My usage has been the same, I spent a lot on restaurants and travel and Uber visa helped me in that.

I don't have a miles and points card.

What would be your suggestion?

I don't want any annual fee card still good benefits. Please help

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.