Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats Next! Spree and approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats Next! Spree and approvals

Okay so, this whole credit thing is new to me since I never cared in the past. I had bad credit since I was 17 (got an Express card). Now that I am older and make a significant amount of money, I realized how inportant credit really is. So I have been working on it for about a year and I am finally having a breakthrough. Started with low 500 score and worked my way up to about a 650 across the board. Started reading Myfico.com and learned some things and then I started applying. Got Discover, Barclay rewards and Arrival so far. I am really wanted to get an AMEX but I see that they pull EX and that is the only one that I have a paid medical charge off and an old paid judgement. My EX score is a 679 but evey time I go to the site to do a prequalification, it says no offers. So here I am, itching to get this card and I do not want to risk the hard pull just to apply and get denied. What do you all suggest that I do? I am gardening on the other cards and will just do CLI on the new accounts until my scores are all 740 across the board. I am a work in progressSmiley Happy

TU:664 EX:679 EQ:709

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Whats Next! Spree and approvals

Moved to Credit Cards

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe AMEX is a SP if your denied and only a HP if your approved. Please double check this before you app but I think I have read that in other threads.

Message 3 of 4
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

It's a SP only if you have a card with them currently. Or are blacklisted (not even a SP just automatically denied no HP).
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.