Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats my next card?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Whats my next card?

Could not resit to apply a new card? Which one I should apply to complete my collection?

My current collection:

amex bce 6000

boa cash rewards 1000

citi dividend 4000

citi forward 3500

discover 1000

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Whats my next card?

@stone wrote:

Could not resit to apply a new card? Which one I should apply to complete my collection?

My current collection:

amex bce 6000

boa cash rewards 1000

citi dividend 4000

citi forward 3500

discover 1000

Not that I think you need another card. You have a nice collection. It's a good idea to have a combo of MC, Visa and Amex. I can't tell from your post if your Bof A and Citi are all Visas or if there are any MC. So, if no MC, I'd look at adding one. Also, an Amex charge (even Zync if you want a lower AF) would give your AAoA a boost, instead of your taking the hit for a new acct.

I'd also look into CUs -- if not Navy, then local CUs. Personally, I think it's a good idea not to have all your eggs in the "big bank's" basket, so to speak. We've been reading about B of A and other bigger banks closing accts. CUs are IMO less likely to do things like that.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@stone wrote:

My current collection:

amex bce 6000

boa cash rewards 1000

citi dividend 4000

citi forward 3500

discover 1000

-What does your files look like?

-INQ's?
-Baddies?

-AAoA?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have some nice reward cards already.  I'd personally just work on CLI's for your existing cards.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The only point of getting a MC if you don't have one is if you shop at Sams Club, otherwise no point.

Another Amex might be okay as other posted IF it's an older account but rewards wise you are holding the best I think.

and finally I kind of agree of not getting another card and just look for CLI with everyone, or maybe store card if you shop at a paticular one a lot, other wise rewards wouldn't out do Amex or Citi I don't think.

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have some nice reward cards already.  I'd personally just work on CLI's for your existing cards.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.