cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the Definition of Double Dip when it comes to CLI?

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Whats the Definition of Double Dip when it comes to CLI?

Great Morning!!

What is double dipping when it comes to CLI?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: Whats the Definition of Double Dip when it comes to CLI?

I think I most often see this in regards to Discover.

It goes like this: They email you a message telling you that due to your good standing, yada yada yada, they've increased your limit. When you get that, you immediately call in and ask for an increase. The thought is, perhaps the computer computed that you should be able to handle an increase of say 2k, but was perhaps only allowed to automatically give you an increase of 1k. To get the rest, you have to have a CSR/person trigger it.

Note: It wouldn't be too far out of reason to think that an increase request you made yourself online could act as the first "dip", but I don't remember reading that explicitly. Someone should come along and confirm/deny.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 2 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Usually it’s when someone gets a CLI, and then contacts customer service to get even more. This is often seen with Disco 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 5
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Usually a double dip, is applicable to Discover and goes like this...

Either you get an auto CLI *woot* and then you can go hit the CLI button, or call in and see if theres more avalible....

or you hit the CLI button, get a CLI and call in and ask if more is avalible.... 

Iv used *both* methods...

-J

Message 4 of 5
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Ardecko wrote:
I think I most often see this in regards to Discover.

It goes like this: They email you a message telling you that due to your good standing, yada yada yada, they've increased your limit. When you get that, you immediately call in and ask for an increase. The thought is, perhaps the computer computed that you should be able to handle an increase of say 2k, but was perhaps only allowed to automatically give you an increase of 1k. To get the rest, you have to have a CSR/person trigger it.

Note: It wouldn't be too far out of reason to think that an increase request you made yourself online could act as the first "dip", but I don't remember reading that explicitly. Someone should come along and confirm/deny.

Yes you can sometimes double dip if you initiate the CLI ...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.