cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the Highest BOA credit limit given ???

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Whats the Highest BOA credit limit given ???

@youngman1234 wrote:
Chase has been good for me.... For Amex I have a high risk score cus I'm new to credit(2.5 years) and too many new accounts and inquiries..... boa I tried for a credit card when we first opened but no luck just tried again last week....still waiting on a response...

I am around the same age with credit and I got a business card with American Express after having a personal card for six months. Maybe you could try that, if they have any personal cards that you like. A lot of places seem to want at least two years of business history before extending credit, which is kind of silly since credit is what really helps a business out in the beginning.

Message 31 of 41
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

My highest single limit card with BofA is $18,200. I could probably get more if I asked, but I barely use it anymore.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 32 of 41
youngman1234
Established Contributor

My Amex risk score is high...I have a gold card with a hard limit that was placed in the 3 month cus I spent too much on the card. Since they declined twice for business cards they said cus internal risk is too high. Amex is a no go for me until my hard limit is gone I think
Message 33 of 41
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I got 26k as of Friday, but use it a lot almost all of it and then PIF. They like that I guess
Message 34 of 41
lithium78
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
But Lithium... Wouldnt you rather just have a high limit card that doesn't force you to make several pmts a month? Lol

Guess boa is hit or miss, to each his own :-)

I have higher limits cards, but BoA has a nice rewards structure, especially when it comes to gas during the months I don't get 5% from Discover.  I'll stick with this card, but BoA is missing out on my large purchases because they haven't raised the limit.  I'm not taking a hard pull for a CLI when that should be obvious to them.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lithium78 wrote:

I'm not taking a hard pull for a CLI when that should be obvious to them.

Sounds like something my girlfriend would say.  Followed by, "Well if you don't already know, I'm not gonna tell you!"

Sometimes you have to ask for what you want. 

Message 36 of 41
lithium78
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

I'm not taking a hard pull for a CLI when that should be obvious to them.

Sounds like something my girlfriend would say.  Followed by, "Well if you don't already know, I'm not gonna tell you!"

Sometimes you have to ask for what you want. 

Don't be insulting.  I know what I'm talking about.  They soft me all the time, so they already know how I'm doing.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 41
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

I got 2K ACLI last month to the total of $12k.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 38 of 41
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

$800.. and counted one by one.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 39 of 41
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Anyone have 50k limit ???
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.