Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the best Gas Rewards card?

tag
Jcbotero
Established Member

Re: Whats the best Gas Rewards card?

@KJinNC wrote:

USAA has a 5% card, with an annual cap that may or may not fit your needs.

I use the Costco card, which is 4%.

Sam's is 5%.

Costco and Sam's both require memberships and pay out cash back once annually. If you are not a member at the time of the payout, you lose it. So they really only make sense if you are a member anyway, or want to be.

Someone mentioned the Harley card. Of course, that card only makes sense if you have a Harley AND you value H-D store credit equal with cash. The H-D card rewards you with points that you can use toward H-D purchases. Even though I have a Harley, this is why I use the Costco card for gas instead.

Fort Knox or whatever goofy generic name they have now is 5% I think.

Sam's MasterCard now pays out cash back monthly and it loads it to your Sam's membership. You can use it for Sam's purchases or cash it out at the Sam's member desk.

Message 41 of 43
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

The PNC Cash Rewards Visa is 4% on gas up to $8000 per year.  It also has 3% on restaurants, and 2% on grocery stores but you can get better cards for those categories.  There are some 5% cards listed in this thread that require memberships (to Sams or to credit unions) but 4% isn't bad for a no fee card.  

I'm lucky and I kept my NRA Visa when they decided not to renew with the NRA (and tried to get everyone to switch to a different card).  They converted the card to a non-branded classic Visa, but I kept the 5% cash back on gas and sporting goods.  FNBO also used to have 5% unlimited on gas for the Ducks Unlimited card, but they switched it to a 1.5% everything card.  Smiley Sad

Message 42 of 43
DaWhole9
Regular Contributor

OP here.  So i got the X1 and Discover.  X1 is 5% and Discover is 5% for a different category each Quarter.  Currently its gas.  So I should be good with those 2.  

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.