cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the deal with credit one bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Whats the deal with credit one bank?

Them and First Premier haha

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

If you've already paid the yearly fee, keep the card until just before you're due to get charged it again and then call and cancel. Ask for a letter to be sent confirming cancelation, and that it shows you owe a zero balance. Keep that letter with this year's taxes, as a CYA because credit one will occasionally do stupid things and it's best to have proof of account closure.

They are a low level rebuilder company but not the worst I've seen. You have better cards now and no longer need them - time to move on. 

Credit one yearly fee is billed monthly.

As said regardless cancel it like yesterday. You have WAY better cards now and they no longer have a purpose for you. 

Message 12 of 14
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I'm Just glad I never went to them, when I start building my credit.

Message 13 of 14
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

If you've already paid the yearly fee, keep the card until just before you're due to get charged it again and then call and cancel. Ask for a letter to be sent confirming cancelation, and that it shows you owe a zero balance. Keep that letter with this year's taxes, as a CYA because credit one will occasionally do stupid things and it's best to have proof of account closure.

They are a low level rebuilder company but not the worst I've seen. You have better cards now and no longer need them - time to move on. 

Credit one yearly fee is billed monthly.

As said regardless cancel it like yesterday. You have WAY better cards now and they no longer have a purpose for you. 

When I was offered a card from them while I was rebuilding, the first year's fees were billed in a lump sum (cutting into available credit). The following year was billed monthly. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.