cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the highest cl you can have with BoA?

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Whats the highest cl you can have with BoA?

I currently have $20,000 cl on my privileges card, but wondered whats the highest they allow you to have on this card? I don't want to waste an hp if it's a no go. Anyone have higher that 20k with any BoA? Thanks.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Whats the highest cl you can have with BoA?

I currently have a Visa with a $45K limit. It's a plain jane no rewards card. Before the housing bubble burst the limit was $100K but they decided it was time to cut my limit for some unknown (to me) reason. I think it went down to $25K but after a few tense calls they raised it up to the current level of $45K. 

I rarely use the card. I do run a couple of small charges every 6 months to show some activity. It's essentially sock drawered for eternity but I want to keep it around as it's my oldest and largest line. 

Message 2 of 25
youngman1234
Established Contributor

3 boa cards:

1- 25k
2- 35k
3- 50k

Those are my limits it's a total of 110k across 3 cards... I use it like Crzy..
Message 3 of 25
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

I currently have a Visa with a $45K limit. It's a plain jane no rewards card. Before the housing bubble burst the limit was $100K but they decided it was time to cut my limit for some unknown (to me) reason. I think it went down to $25K but after a few tense calls they raised it up to the current level of $45K. 

I rarely use the card. I do run a couple of small charges every 6 months to show some activity. It's essentially sock drawered for eternity but I want to keep it around as it's my oldest and largest line. 

WOW thats a nice limit you have there. Mine started at 10k I did the online request to 20k and was instantly approved. That was about a year ago. Was wanting to do the online request again in a couple of months to see what it goes upto but wasnt sure on its limit.

Message 4 of 25
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
3 boa cards:

1- 25k
2- 35k
3- 50k

Those are my limits it's a total of 110k across 3 cards... I use it like Crzy..

Thats great! did you get these limits via the online luv button?

Message 5 of 25
youngman1234
Established Contributor

No actually I called in customer service spoke to someone and then what happened with me was they take all your info out in the computer and basically 3 things happen denied, approved, or credit analyst needs to speak to u to discuss y u need a cli.

Let me tell you something though my last 2 cli were

20 to 35k
35k to 50k

These were significant increases so they had to transfer to a senior credit analyst. But they are the best to deal with boa really likes there customers that pay on time and PIF
Message 6 of 25
youngman1234
Established Contributor

If you don't mind tell me your income range ? I'm not an expert and there are plenty hear that have more experience than me but from what I have seen you can go upto 30% of your yearly Income. I personally don't think they would like to be exposed to anyone more than that ratio.
Message 7 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Happychap wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

WOW thats a nice limit you have there. Mine started at 10k I did the online request to 20k and was instantly approved. That was about a year ago. Was wanting to do the online request again in a couple of months to see what it goes upto but wasnt sure on its limit.

Yes, these can go up considerably high depending on your BOA relationship and if your files are healthy.  Mine is currently $25K.

Message 8 of 25
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Good in

@youngman1234 wrote:
No actually I called in customer service spoke to someone and then what happened with me was they take all your info out in the computer and basically 3 things happen denied, approved, or credit analyst needs to speak to u to discuss y u need a cli.

Let me tell you something though my last 2 cli were

20 to 35k
35k to 50k

These were significant increases so they had to transfer to a senior credit analyst. But they are the best to deal with boa really likes there customers that pay on time and PIF
Good info! Yes, I pay in full in fat i usually always seem to pay too much and seem to regualrly have a credit blalance when my statements  cut lol  I will for sure try in Feb or March for an increase to 35k.   Thx

Message 9 of 25
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
If you don't mind tell me your income range ? I'm not an expert and there are plenty hear that have more experience than me but from what I have seen you can go upto 30% of your yearly Income. I personally don't think they would like to be exposed to anyone more than that ratio.

Income range is around 150k I also have my mortage with BoA.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.