Did you mean: 

Whats this means now ?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Whats this means now ?

@newUser0 wrote:

I am in Oklahoma

They pulled EQ. I searched around the web. It looks pretty easy to get. I think you can get at least $5K.

Ron.

Message 11 of 22
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Nevermind. HP are very precious for me right now. 

Also, this is my first store card pre-approval and the nearest Home deopt is 60 Miles away from my home. Lol!

Home Depot card has no discount unlike Lowe's card. I might help credit mix. It is your first store card. It might mean something to you. I have had the card for over 10 years.

They always HP for CLI.

Ron.

If you show your Lowes card at checkout at home depot they will match the 5% discount using the HD card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 22
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thanks for the message RonSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Also, this is my first store card pre-approval and the nearest Home deopt is 60 Miles away from my home. Lol!

Home Depot card has no discount unlike Lowe's card. I might help credit mix. It is your first store card. It might mean something to you. I have had the card for over 10 years.

They always HP for CLI.

Ron.

If you show your Lowes card at checkout at home depot they will match the 5% discount using the HD card.

No, I don't think so. It doesn't work that way. Smiley Happy I have both cards. I like to go to Lowes for the discount.

Ron.

Message 14 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Thanks for the message RonSmiley Happy

You're welcome.

Ron.

Message 15 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

You can request CLI online with a SP every 6 months.

Ron.

Message 16 of 22
H4LO
Established Contributor

Got this same thing in the mail today.

Looks like they're tackling Chase and Discover with their promos?

They want people using their card... 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 17 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Whats this means now ?

Not much.,  It just means they're marketing to you.  Don't just respond to offers.  Form your strategy for cards that are useful to you.

Message 18 of 22
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

They always HP for CLI.

Ron.

No, I don't think so. It doesn't work that way. Smiley Happy I have both cards. I like to go to Lowes for the discount.

Ron.

That's what an employee from Home Depot said on another post. They price match the 5% discount if you show the Lowes card at checkout at Home Depot with the HD card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 19 of 22
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

They always HP for CLI.

Ron.

Actually, this is something that I learned on the boards here and I confirmed at HD a few days ago...

If you have a Lowes card you can ask the cashier for a 5% discount at checkout when you use your HD card. (You may have to show your Lowes card) They do that specifically to compete with Lowes discount.

Annoying to think about the extra 5% I wasted before I knew this. Smiley Mad

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.