Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your combo?

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Whats your combo?

Well i was just thinking what i want my wallet to have in it before i close everything else, i think this thread is geared mostly to those with less than stellar credit because you are working toward something but those of you with stellar but still dont have your combo are welcome to post also.... So overall my goal wallet is:

Discover IT- 5% Rotating Categories

CapitalOne QuickSilver - 1.5% Non-Category 

Barclay SallieMae World  Mastercard - 5% Gas

American Express Blue Cash Preferred - 6% Groceries

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - 5% Cell / 5% Fast Food / 2% Drug Store

Whats yours?

You dont have to include store cards if you wish because i have a few that im not including but are gonna keep.

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: Whats your combo?

Chase Freedom + CSP - Everything other than amazon and grocery.

Sallie Mae - Amazon and Grocery. Once the Freedom gas quarter is over, I'll put gas on the sallie mae card too.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 2 of 51
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AMEX Platinum

Chase Freedom

All others get a charge here and there for shiggles and activity.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 51
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@Laugh wrote:

Chase Freedom + CSP - Everything other than amazon and grocery.

Sallie Mae - Amazon and Grocery. Once the Freedom gas quarter is over, I'll put gas on the sallie mae card too.

i like your list short and sweet i couldnt figure out a combo with such few cards that wil give you everything i think i would love to add Sapphire to my list now lol..... maybe

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 51
Luscher
Valued Contributor

CSP
Chase Freedom
Discover IT
BCE

So far I have all of them except CSP, so that is my last card until I see a need for more
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 51
Tsucchi
Established Member

As for me, my wallet is sufficient with one of each major credit cards in the US. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.

BofA: Student Platinum Plus Visa: $2k; Cash Rewards Visa: $10k
Chase: Freedom MC: $10k
Amex: TE Costco: $20k; Blue (AU) $9.9k
Discover: IT: $4k
FICO EX (01/15/2014): 745; CK (2/14/2014): 710; CS (2/8/2014): 768
Message 6 of 51
bribro
Valued Contributor

Chase Freeedom (5x bonus categories only)
Chase Ink Bold/Plus (5x and 2x bonus categories only)
Chase Sapphire Preferred (dining only)
J.P. Morgan Palladium (travel only, until I hit the $100k spending bonus then I'll shift travel spend to CSP)
MP Explorer (for all 1x spend until I hit the $25k bonus then I'll shift to Freedom)

I might throw SPG into the mix just to get the signup bonus, then it will go to the SD.
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 51
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:
J.P. Morgan Palladium (travel only, until I hit the $100k spending bonus then I'll shift travel spend to CSP)
MP Explorer (for all 1x spend until I hit the $25k bonus then I'll shift to Freedom)

I might throw SPG into the mix just to get the signup bonus, then it will go to the SD.

LOL your sig makes me want to cry LOL those CLs are very impressive i shall never get there unless i some how become a CEO of my company lol...

Current Cards

Message 8 of 51
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

@bribro wrote:

This is the list of cards I wish to acquire in the future! 

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 9 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Citi Thank You Preferred x5:  Supermarkets, Gas, Drug Stores and Manufactured Spend (ends March 2014)

BCP:  First 6K of Supermarkets

PenFed Plat Rewards: Gas, Supermarkets after BCP and TYP, International Supermarkets

CSP: Hotels, some travel

Citi Forward: Dining, Books, Amazon

US Bank Cash Plus: Cell Phone

Citi Premier: Flights (nerfing will stop this)

Fidelity Amex:  Everything else

Capital One Cash Rewards: Everything else where Amex isn't taken

and a few SD cards that see rare use (e.g. Citi AA Plat Select)

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.