cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your most favorite/used credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Whats your most favorite/used credit card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it is metal. It clanks when you drop it and everything.

Well now i want it even more! well since i have the regular one without the annual fee, i might as well keep that since its no longer offered and app for the prefered, but i won't even be able to do that since i have 5 cards with chase already and don't want to trigger any more red flags..

The no-AF Sapphire isn't on the main Chase credit card page, but it's still available. https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-sapphire.aspx

Depending on how long you've had your Sapphire, you might be able to upgrade, but I don't know if you'd be eligible for the waived first year AF or the sign up bonus.

Message 21 of 53
elim
Senior Contributor

for me.... hands down... from the transferable UR's to the weight, feel, durability of the card...

Chase_Sapphire_Preferredt.png

Message 22 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well now i want it even more! well since i have the regular one without the annual fee, i might as well keep that since its no longer offered and app for the prefered, but i won't even be able to do that since i have 5 cards with chase already and don't want to trigger any more red flags..

The no-AF Sapphire isn't on the main Chase credit card page, but it's still available. https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-sapphire.aspx

Depending on how long you've had your Sapphire, you might be able to upgrade, but I don't know if you'd be eligible for the waived first year AF or the sign up bonus.

thats exactly why i don't want to upgrade but would rather apply so i could get the bonus and first year waived fee

Message 23 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thats exactly why i don't want to upgrade but would rather apply so i could get the bonus and first year waived fee

Not sure what the situation is with the 5 cards, but you could do a CL transfer on recon probably.

Message 24 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what the situation is with the 5 cards, but you could do a CL transfer on recon probably.

just i heard that people who have too many accounts with chase or more than 4 new chase accounts in a year get aa taken against them, so i don't want to obtain a sixth card anytime soon from them

Message 25 of 53
upnorth
New Contributor

My favorite card currently is Fidelity Visa by FIA cards. 

I get 1.5% cash back for first $15k and then 2% cash back after that with no limits. I just applied for a Sams Master card. I will use that for gas and boot out Amex.

UNFCU Visa Azure $45k, Sams Master Card $35k, Amex Costco $25k, Fidelity Visa $25k, Chase Freedom $18k, Cap 1 Mastercard $12.5k, Kohls $1.5k, Cancelled on my own BA $25 (it was Schwab card earlier) and Chase Saffire $22k. Also have 2 business cards with Chase and 1 Amex Open. AU Target $2500.
Scores: 11/14 EX 801; 11/14 TU FICO 805; 11/14 Van 823
Message 26 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my quicksilver one credit card the most because there is no interest until august next year
Message 27 of 53
gercredit
Contributor

For me it is a tie between Amex BCP and Chase CSP

Message 28 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Citi Forward (old grandfathered terms), without a doubt.  No annual fee, 5x points at restaurants, 5x on bookstores/Amazon, and 5x on entertainment with no cap on points earned.  It blows CSP out of the water and Sallie Mae (for me because I already have a good enough grocery/gas card), especially because once I get my Thankyou Premier, I will essentially be earning 6x points at restaurants as a result of the 1.25x travel boost from the TYPremier.

The Citi Forward is such a non-intimidating and friendly card but it packs a HUGE punch, especially when paired up with the TYPremier.  The fact that it's not attainable anymore makes it "my precious" even more.

Message 29 of 53
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

My #1 favorite card is Sallie Mae - but it doesn't get the most monthly spend because of the reward caps. I spend $250 gas/ $150 groceries (walmart) and $200 Amazon per month on it. 

I spend the most on AlaskaAir Visa, I spend about $800 a month on airfare and it also covers my non-phone/internet utilities, so $1500/month total.

If I had to downsize to only one card, it would probably be my Amex BCP, although I might choose the AlaskaAir because of the match with my spending and being a Visa.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.