Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: When Citi sends you an Amazon offer

@Remedios wrote:

Very short story..

Screenshot_20201012-122916_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20201012-122923_Samsung Internet.jpg

Epilogue...

I'd rather eat tuna straight out of the can, than call Citi customer service. 

The End. 

Good Stuff Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 11 of 20
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I received the same offer yesterday and was able to add it to my premier card today with no error.  Seems like a deal with Prime day in the loop at the same time.

Message 12 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Okay, so I caved in and called ..

After the millionth prompt, I got to the living human being (pretty sure it was human, the living part I'm still debating). 

He wanted to know name of my favorite teacher, apparently that's a security question on my account ...umm, no clue. I blurted out the first name that came to my mind...that wasn't it. 

Then I said Beer. Apparently that was the correct answer. 

Anyway, he could see the offer on my account, said he can activate it for me.

Yippy, yay, great.

Wait, not so fast...he has to read the disclosure. Okay, how bad can that be.

25 min later, I can say, without a shadow of doubt, pretty bad.

He even read the part about Citi trademark logo.  I think we both felt each other's pain. Towards the end, he sounded like he was hammering FFW button on his vocal cords, and I was shriveling on the inside at the exponential rate. 

Anyway, allegedly it's active now.

Yippy 😐

Message 13 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

After the millionth prompt, I got to the living human being (pretty sure it was human, the living part I'm still debating). 

He wanted to know name of my favorite teacher, apparently that's a security question on my account ...umm, no clue. I blurted out the first name that came to my mind...that wasn't it. 

Yippy, yay, great.

He even read the part about Citi trademark logo.  I think we both felt each other's pain. Towards the end, he sounded like he was hammering FFW button on his vocal cords, and I was shriveling on the inside at the exponential rate. 

Yippy 😐

That's the price of free money!  Still, worse ways of getting $50 an hour, I've done several of them.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious if they would have to read you that disclosure if you simply called in to ask for the weather...

I havn't activated mine yet but is it some big to do in order to do so? Normally you just click a link and it's activated/enrolled, I don't recall having to read anything for any previous offers.

Message 15 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious if they would have to read you that disclosure if you simply called in to ask for the weather...

I havn't activated mine yet but is it some big to do in order to do so? Normally you just click a link and it's activated/enrolled, I don't recall having to read anything for any previous offers.

Disclosure is below the link. When you're activating, you're also consenting to those terms, and voice understanding.

If someone else is activating it for you, they cannot agree to terms for you, hence reading and you verbally acknowledging terms in question. 

Try it, it's tons of fun. 

Message 16 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Yippy, yay, great.

Yippy 😐

That's the price of free money!  Still, worse ways of getting $50 an hour, I've done several of them.

It's all good, I'm at work and getting paid for being at work so I guess this is "stacking" 

Message 17 of 20
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Very short story..

Screenshot_20201012-122923_Samsung Internet.jpg

Epilogue...

I'd rather eat tuna straight out of the can, than call Citi customer service. 

The End. 

Welcome to Citi the reps and their website is a nightmare always have been. I have had Citi since 2006, some things never changes.

Message 18 of 20
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Very short story..

Let's get to the real question here - who in their right mind is paying $90 for a kids' snow jacket???

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 19 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Disclosure is below the link. When you're activating, you're also consenting to those terms, and voice understanding.

If someone else is activating it for you, they cannot agree to terms for you, hence reading and you verbally acknowledging terms in question. 

Try it, it's tons of fun. 

What a myFICO'er will do for a bonus.  Smiley Very Happy (I've done more for less, so I certainly have no room to talk.)

I double-checked my email, and as usual "No soup for me."  Smiley Sad

After hearing what you went through knowing there was (or should have been) an offer available I'm not going to dare calling just to see if an offer is on my account to begin with.  I'm a glutton for punishment, but even I have my limits. Smiley Indifferent

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.