Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does Discover Auto CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Does Discover Auto CLI?

Hey everyone,

I got approved for my first Discover card on 7/9/2019 with SL of $12,000. I applied for CLI today and was declined (third statement cut on the 23rd). My credit scores have gone up since being approved. I’ve put about $4k on the card but have paid all balances in full.

Wondering if it’s because I got a higher SL that I was declined or do I just not have enough time with Discover.

When did you get your first auto CLI?
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When Does Discover Auto CLI?

I received my first increase at 4 months. 
And they definitely have given auto increases. You can search the approval forum by typing "discover auto" and results will populate. 

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a given and profile dependent.

Typical results though show if it's going to happen it usually creeps up within the first 2.5-6 months but, sometimes it could take years to happen.  There's no method to the madness with Disco + CLI's.

Message 3 of 37
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Mine took nine months plus I almost gave up on getting a cli from them. I had decent credit score atThe time too , it seems like it depends on a lot of different factors.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 37
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Miss Disco can be a sweety or an old hag. You never know what your going to get day to day. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

YMMV

3 years, no auto ever.
Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... When did you get your first auto CLI?

75 days. 

What's your profile look like?

Message 7 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

There is absolutely no guarantee of a CLI--ever!

The reason could be a million and one things or no reason at all. But the most probable reason in your decline letter will be "not enough experience," which makes sense. It's only been 3 months since you've had the card. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You did start with rather large SL, so I would not be holding my breath for auto CLI
Mine started at $1000.00 a little over 2 years ago, and I've had maybe one or two tiny auto CLI, rest were requested by me and it's now at $24,700.00
They do grow, but with larger SL, I really would not expect huge jumps this soon.
Message 9 of 37
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

7 months on my first Discover, and 8 months for the second.

But my Discover cards were (and still are) some of my lowest limits.

It looks like your Discover limit is almost twice your next highest (and 12x your next highest)? And a very new card? I wouldn’t expect any big increase soon-but Discover is a mystery, so who knows.
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.