Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does Discover Auto CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When Does Discover Auto CLI?

Got the disco in July 2015, 14K line. 3 months later, auto CLI to 18,200. No auto CLI since. About a week ago, went online for a CLI. Got 4K to 22,200.

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow! Thanks so much for sharing! Gives me hope!

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried another DISCOVER CLI since several here try at least once a month. 

I basically got a hand in my face and a push away.

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think with larger SLs, Disco is much less likely to auto. They are pretty random with CLIs anyway though. 

I got my IT 3/2018 with a $7500 limit (my highest at the time was $6250) and after receiving no auto luv I finally asked in December and they gave me $3K, bumping me to $10,500, then I asked in January and they gave me $700, then April or May they bumped me another $1,500 for a total of $12,700 where it sits right now. 

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think with larger SLs, Disco is much less likely to auto. They are pretty random with CLIs anyway though. 

I got my IT 3/2018 with a $7500 limit (my highest at the time was $6250) and after receiving no auto luv I finally asked in December and they gave me $3K, bumping me to $10,500, then I asked in January and they gave me $700, then April or May they bumped me another $1,500 for a total of $12,700 where it sits right now. 

I'm getting a letter in 3-5 business explaining why. They go back to 1970s technology to tell me why. Save postage and tell me right on the app.

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm getting a letter in 3-5 business explaining why. They go back to 1970s technology to tell me why. Save postage and tell me right on the app.

Disco and Sync are definitely responsible for the bulk of letters I was getting for awhile. I stopped asking so much. I'll ask Disco next month on my Miles since that one is only $3K. It would be nice to be able to use my 0% on purchases to buy a new TV next year while getting that 3% match and not have my score shredded for doing so. I'm not holding my breath though. 

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Disco and Sync are definitely responsible for the bulk of letters I was getting for awhile. I stopped asking so much. I'll ask Disco next month on my Miles since that one is only $3K. It would be nice to be able to use my 0% on purchases to buy a new TV next year while getting that 3% match and not have my score shredded for doing so. I'm not holding my breath though. 

It's the law that they notify you why. Not sure if it has to be by snail mail or not. It's an outdated way to handle. 

I'm going to wait a year for the next CLI request for disco.

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the law that they notify you why. Not sure if it has to be by snail mail or not. It's an outdated way to handle. 

They don't have to notify you by mail if you opt in to receive account communications online. 

I just think it's funny that you can literally ask every day if you want to. 

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They don't have to notify you by mail if you opt in to receive account communications online. 

I just think it's funny that you can literally ask every day if you want to. 

I never opt for paper,  so I don't know why I'm getting paper. Cap 1 has a secure mailbox for that. 

Cap 1 let's you try every day too I think. 

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never opt for paper,  so I don't know why I'm getting paper. Cap 1 has a secure mailbox for that. 

Cap 1 let's you try every day too I think. 

Yeah Disco doesn't seem to have an opt out option to receive documents online. 

Capital One will let you request as often as you want but I don't hear of people hammering Capital One 30 days in a row and getting a CLI on the 31st day like we do with Disco. 

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.