Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does Discover Auto CLI?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: When Does Discover Auto CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to wait a year for the next CLI request for disco.

Huh? how?Smiley Very Happy

(I ask everytime I get a denial in the mail....it's this years' firestarter supply.  I'm stocking up)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to wait a year for the next CLI request for disco.

Huh? how?Smiley Very Happy

(I ask everytime I get a denial in the mail....it's this years' firestarter supply.  I'm stocking up)

They track the requests and not sure if any negative repercussions can result over something not really too important to me. They do send offers like their DISCOVER deals over email that I take advantage of. Invitation only offers like this could go away from too many CLIs. Probably not, but not sure how they pick cardholders. I want to be on the top of the list. Who knows.

Message 32 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They track the requests Me too, so 0/19, booooo! and not sure if any negative repercussions can result so far nothing positive has resulted either over something not really too important to me. They do send offers like their DISCOVER deals over email that I take advantage of. Invitation only offers like this could go away from too many CLIs.I don't have to worry about that, 0/19 cli requests now. Probably not, but not sure how they pick cardholders.I have two card offers  with high apr, boooooo! I want to be on the top of the list. Who knows.

I just sd my card, probably close it one day.....it seems like it's bucketed but only time will tell. Tempted to pick up another card and see how the cli story goes for it to compare to.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They track the requests Me too, so 0/19, booooo! and not sure if any negative repercussions can result so far nothing positive has resulted either over something not really too important to me. They do send offers like their DISCOVER deals over email that I take advantage of. Invitation only offers like this could go away from too many CLIs.I don't have to worry about that, 0/19 cli requests now. Probably not, but not sure how they pick cardholders.I have two card offers  with high apr, boooooo! I want to be on the top of the list. Who knows.

I just sd my card, probably close it one day.....it seems like it's bucketed but only time will tell. Tempted to pick up another card and see how the cli story goes for it to compare to.

I shouldn't say negative repercussions. Maybe they consider it for special offers, but maybe not because they are electronic requests with no CSR involvement. They track them for a reason, and use it for something, just not sure for what.

Unless they offer 0% on purchases for 12+ months for existing customers, I'll never use a good chunk of my line anyway. High credit is only around $1,300. When I got the card, they just started to offer double cash back the first year. But mine came with a BT offer which I didn't want. Tried to get it converted but they said no.

I use it for the 5% categories and one or two 1% purchases each month. I have to have one of each. Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.

Message 34 of 37
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The key thing I have learned about Discover on these forums is that it is completely hopeless to try to figure out any rhyme or reason for Discover starting lines and CLIs.  None of mine have been auto, but I have received a number of them by request.  My SL was only $2500 3.5 years ago and I got a $3000 CLI a few months after opening the account.  Since then there have been sporadic $500 CLIs every 4-8 months and a single $1500.  I'm sitting at $10,500 and it has been quite a while since I've been granted a CLI.  Reports have always been spotless, scores have been anywhere from 730s to 830s along the way.  I've alternated between heavily using the card, sock drawering it, and using it for balance transfer offers. 

Other than Capital One where I have a $4k Kohl's card (with the maximum credit line available for anyone on that card now being moved back to $3k), they are by far the issuer with the lowest total credit lines for me.  I do have preapprovals at their lowest published APRs, but I fear I'd just be given a very low credit line.  Discover's algorithms do seem to prefer those with very little or slightly blemished credit, where you are more likely to use your Discover card for all of your needs, but this certainly isn't written in stone as evidenced by many people who have high credit lines with Discover and don't use it or have good/great credit.

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my CLI decline letter today, says something like insufficient experience with current credit line, basically saying I just got an increase and need to use the card more with the current CLI. 

Some people get CLIs with disco almost any time they want, while others don't.  It might be because my CL is pretty high as it is. No biggie, don't really need ot right now. My high balance on that card is 1,300. I'll try in a year or so.

Message 36 of 37
Mv350
Valued Contributor

I kept getting denied when I requested, says too many collection accounts. I just logged in, 3 days after the 6th statement cut, received an Auto CLI

SL 500, CLI to 1100
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.