Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When To Close SubPrime Accounts

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When To Close SubPrime Accounts

@shoediva wrote:

FAKO scores my apologies. Pulled from Identity Guard. I'm thinking of making changes to my monitoring subscription. So should I use MyFico?

Another question. Does utility only apply to Credit and Store Cards?

Utilization is calculated for installment loans but it's effect on scoring is very, very minimal. Utilization for revolving credit is 30% of your total score so it's very important to keep it as low as possible.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 11 of 16
shoediva
Established Member

Thanks everyone for your help!!!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2019: Ex Fico 8: 599
Current Score: Apr 2019: Ex Fico 8: 623
Goal Score: Dec 2019: Ex Fico 8: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Rebuilding: Cap One Secured $800, NFCU Secured $500, Credit One SL $400 to $650, Credit One Platinum $500, Cap One Platinum $300, Kohl’s Charge $300, Victoria Secret $500, Children’s Place $500, Overstock $500
Message 12 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@shoediva wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help!!!! Smiley Happy

All we ask is that anything you learn be sure and pass it forward to others.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 13 of 16
shoediva
Established Member

Yes i will definitely pass on the info! Since my scores are FAKO would you assume I have higher FICO's? Another question I have is since you're unable as a consumer to purchase your EQ FICO how do we access that information? or are we only entitled to knowing only our TU and EX FICO scores? Just sucks for us consumers trying to see progress when we are unable to see the "whole" FICO picture.

Starting Score: Jan 2019: Ex Fico 8: 599
Current Score: Apr 2019: Ex Fico 8: 623
Goal Score: Dec 2019: Ex Fico 8: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Rebuilding: Cap One Secured $800, NFCU Secured $500, Credit One SL $400 to $650, Credit One Platinum $500, Cap One Platinum $300, Kohl’s Charge $300, Victoria Secret $500, Children’s Place $500, Overstock $500
Message 14 of 16
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

I agree, Shoediva!  I don't understand the motive behind not allowing us to purchase our EX FICO either!  I wish they would reconsider and change that eventually.  Anyone "in the know" ever hear debates/talk over whether EX may offer these scores in the future?

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@shoediva wrote:

Yes i will definitely pass on the info! Since my scores are FAKO would you assume I have higher FICO's? Another question I have is since you're unable as a consumer to purchase your EQ FICO how do we access that information? or are we only entitled to knowing only our TU and EX FICO scores? Just sucks for us consumers trying to see progress when we are unable to see the "whole" FICO picture.

There is no way to compare FAKO's and FICO scores unfortunately.

I think you typed the letters wrong. Experian is the only score consumers are unable to buy. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell an EQ FICO score byt they make it very hard to find. Do not buy the new "Equifax Complete" product that is being sold there. The reports are accurate but the scores in Equifax Complete are FAKO's.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.