Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When am I clear of 5/24?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When am I clear of 5/24?

Don't have the best understanding of the 5/24 rule. I opened my first credit card ever on 10/29/2016, Open Sky Secured. In the last 6 months I was approved for B of A Cash Rewards Secured, Cap One Quicksilver, Barclaycard Apple Rewards, Amex ED, and Discover. Total of 6 cards. So if I am a good boy and STAY in the garden when is the soonest I will be eligible for Chase?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: When am I clear of 5/24?

When your first account opened in 10/16 ages to the two year mark you will be at 5/24 if you don't open anymore . Now with that being said I'm not sure if you have to be under 5/24 even with the new Chase approval or you can have 5/24 even with it making the new one your 6th ? Could someone clear that up ?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFAIK if you're at 5/24 and apply, no go. You'll need to be 4/24.
I will double check the sites.

10/2018 will be your date for applying. 11/2018 to be REALLY in the clear.

At this point, it's no applications period, inquires don't matter if you plan on CLI that HP.

Fact check me fellow Chase people.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

At this point, it's no applications period, inquires don't matter if you plan on CLI that HP.

Follow up question would be what about a HP CLI? None of my cards do HP CLI's other than BOA. Hopefuly they won't do a HP when it unsecures.

Message 4 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct 5/24 is a no go with Chase for cards that are subjected to the 5/24 rule. Keep in mind that business cards which do not belong to Chase and do not report to your personal credit report would not be counted towards 5/24. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was (without thinking about it) at 5/24 when I applied, and was approved for, the Chase Amazon Prime Visa about 2 months ago. The approval put me at 6/24, and thus gives me reason to stop my applications for quite a while.

Message 6 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

the Amazon Prime is the last time I checked not subject to the 5/24 rule
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time I apply for a Chase card it will be either the CSP or CSR. Not Amazon. I was just trying to sneak in the door with Chase. Before too long I should be able to get CSP or CSR. Whenever I'm 5/24 clear.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I opened up a Marvel mastercard and an ebates visa since then. Closed my OpenSky. The second card I ever had was the Cap One Quicksilver. So now is my 5/24 rule 2 years from whenever I opened my Quicksilver? Thanks!

Message 9 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I opened up a Marvel mastercard and an ebates visa since then. Closed my OpenSky. The second card I ever had was the Cap One Quicksilver. So now is my 5/24 rule 2 years from whenever I opened my Quicksilver? Thanks!

I don't think the open/close status matters.   What is looked at is the number of accounts opened in the last 24 months, so the OpenSky still counts as 1.

(And it's accounts, not inqs, so HPs for CLIs don't matter for this)

ETA: but now understanding your question better, yes!   In general, the date is 2 years from when you opened your 5th newest card, so once that passes you become 4/24.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.