cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are AMEX BCE cash rewards applied/posted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When are AMEX BCE cash rewards applied/posted?

My statement cut on 5/22 and I pushed roughly $1k through the card yet I see no cash back rewards balance... with a fair chunk being grocery/gas. I've aleady made my payment for the month, covering 90% of the balance and I thought maybe they would show up after that but nope. Any insight, anyone?

sorry everyone has to go back to work tomorrow Smiley Sad But at least, short week!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: When are AMEX BCE cash rewards applied/posted?

Amex reward posting is always a month behind 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

Awesome, thank you! With all my other cards it's either instant or when the statement cuts. I admit I didn't search this query so perhaps I should have done that. Either way, thanks so much for your help. 

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Awesome, thank you! With all my other cards it's either instant or when the statement cuts. I admit I didn't search this query so perhaps I should have done that. Either way, thanks so much for your help. 

You're welcome glad to help 

IIRC only Amex is a month behind everyone else post with statement 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Yes.   And even after that, it has two unfriendly features: 1) $25 min to redeem.  This is not so unusual but some cards have no minimum   2) redeem only in multiples of $25, so if you have $49, you still can redeem only $25.   Citi Dividend did away with a similar thing recently.  

So from ease of use and speed of rewards, Amex comes waaay behind the leaders!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Yes.   And even after that, it has two unfriendly features: 1) $25 min to redeem.  This is not so unusual but some cards have no minimum   2) redeem only in multiples of $25, so if you have $49, you still can redeem only $25.   Citi Dividend did away with a similar thing recently.  

So from ease of use and speed of rewards, Amex comes waaay behind the leaders!

Well, gosh darn it. This is really good to know. I appreciate you shedding some light on AMEX rewards practices. I feel like this is stuff I should have known before I applied! But, won't make that mistake again, even if I PIF each month. 

Thanks so much for your time/response. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.