Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I apply for a new Sync card after blue envelope

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When can I apply for a new Sync card after blue envelope

Hi All!

I was one that received the blue envelope on my 6 sync cards and closed them all 3 months ago. My question is, how long should I wait before attempting to apply with them again? I really miss my walmart and gap cards. I dont want to deal with this envelope situation again and realize where all my calls to CS and rate of new accounts I opened with them was damaging. 

Any information is appreciated.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When can I apply for a new Sync card after blue envelope

Moving to credit card forum for better coverage
Message 2 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Depends...

Did they (synch) close your cards, or did you close them after you got the blue envelope?

If they closed them, Id wait 6 months after it was closed.

If you closed them, they have a policy of 1yr, that you can't reapply and get the same card within 1yr from when you closed it. For ex....you closed your Gap card 3 months ago, you can't reapply for this card again for 9 more months.
Message 3 of 19
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You say you don't want to deal with another blue envelope yet you want to go back to the ones that mailed it to you.  Find someone else that satiates that appetite for destruction.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed all but 1, they closed my amazon account. All were paid before closure and i want my walmart back. Gap, I dont care about... walmart and Amazon i would like. Plus Sync seems to be the bank behind a lot of popular stores these days. I was at JCpenney the other day and realized sync does them too! Thank goodness I didnt app.  

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This one should be obvious.  If you didn't reply to their inquiry to see what your true income is then you'll probably either have to prove your income or not get the card back.  You seem to be trying to outsmart the system and they'll be ready for you.

Message 6 of 19
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Depends...

Did they (synch) close your cards, or did you close them after you got the blue envelope?

If you closed them, they have a policy of 1yr, that you can't reapply and get the same card within 1yr from when you closed it. For ex....you closed your Gap card 3 months ago, you can't reapply for this card again for 9 more months.

Pizza,

you are 100% correct about the 1 year rule, however....l started thinking about that sweet 84 month financing Lowes has and apped in November after closing last June. It went pending and showed up a few weeks later😗.

apparently that rule is not as set in stone as Synchrony would have us believe

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Depends...

Pizza,

you are 100% correct about the 1 year rule, however....l started thinking about that sweet 84 month financing Lowes has and apped in November after closing last June. It went pending and showed up a few weeks later😗.

apparently that rule is not as set in stone as Synchrony would have us believe

You're lucky!! I cant believe you got it back, lol!  Thats awesome! 

Message 8 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

This one should be obvious.  If you didn't reply to their inquiry to see what your true income is then you'll probably either have to prove your income or not get the card back.  You seem to be trying to outsmart the system and they'll be ready for you.

To me it's anything but obvious.

If the OP is approved for a new account Synchrony might be perfectly fine with lower exposure without any POI at all.  Also I don't recall seeing posts/threads that told about anybody that refused to provide POI (I would refuse as well) being prevented from getting new accounts with Synchrony.

It's not about trying to 'outsmart' Synchrony; it's about getting an account the OP wants while remaining within Synchrony's comfort-zone.

Message 9 of 19
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I opened an old navy account about a month after closing all of my accounts when I had gotten the blue envelope. That lasted about 45 days, and then I got another blue envelope for that account. Which I closed. So, I'm not quite sure. But I did refuse to provide POI to them.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.