cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did Citi add this catch phrase when requesting a CLI?

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

When did Citi add this catch phrase when requesting a CLI?

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Libra85
Regular Contributor

Re: When did Citi add this catch phrase when requesting a CLI?

About a week ago. Everyone have been getting CLI'S

October 2021
Message 2 of 16
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Anyone know if this applies to their retail accounts as well? (Best Buy, Shell, etc.)

Message 3 of 16
L-TWT
Established Contributor

hmmm, I C........and that's good to know! I wonder if I should pull the lever on the slot machine? Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Thanks for that!  Finally got a CLI on my Forward.   But not all the cards say that.  One of my 4 says:

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.

(And this is the only one I am putting significant spend on, $20K per month).  The other three show no credit report needed.   The first gave me a CLI, the second declined, and I want to see the reason before I try the third.  THe third is also my newest card

Message 5 of 16
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I still have the old message that it will pull my report Smiley Sad

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 6 of 16
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Great to know!

This is the first time I checked the request CLI page since my CLI back in August or so, so maybe I should go for it soon...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 7 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I'm promised a call from Citi on Monday because according to the EO office a HP was initiated when it should have been SP. Their new form when after i added the income + rent and pressed to submit, failed several times and gave the dreaded System Error response. I been on to them before to please fix their website because Vito's is the only one of all my primes that i continually have issues with in one form or another.
I hope i get some good news Monday because they have been in touch with me 3 times since this first happened explaining they need time to see what they can do.
Message 8 of 16
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

This was pretty outrageous! I visited the Request CLI page on Citi.com yesterday, but never entered in any information and definitely never pressed submit. This morning, I get the following letter in my secure mail inbox. I will definitely be keeping an eye on my credit reports...

We can’t increase your credit limit at this time

Thanks for contacting us about an increase for your Citi Forward® Visa® account. We reviewed your request, but we can’t approve it because you’ve already received a recent increase. There must be at least six months between limit changes.

Feel free to try again at the right time

After six months have passed since your last increase, give us a call if you’d like us to consider your request again. In the meantime, remember these tips to keep your account in good shape:

• ·  Be sure to make at least the minimum payment due on your statement each month by the payment due date.

• ·  Keep your balance below your credit limit.

• ·  Make sure your credit report is accurate by requesting and

reviewing a copy of your credit report once a year.

• ·  Notify us right away if your address or phone number changes so

you don’t miss any important communications. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 9 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, if you get an HP, definitely complain!

So I got the letter saying why they declined an increase on my AA card (too many recently opened accounts).  What concerns me is that they list the agency relied on for the data.   Hopefully this is just from a SP, if it is an HP, I will also complain!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.