Did you mean: 

When do I close my sub-prime cc's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do I close my sub-prime cc's?

Phouchg wrote:

cheddar wrote:

You will, however, see an immediate revolving utilization effect, since a the card's CL will be removed from utilization calculations as soon as the card is reported closed.

What if you close a card with a balance...is that taken out of the util calculation??

No, in that case it's not removed immediately.  It remains until the CL is reported as $0 or the balance is PIF.

Message 11 of 15
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

bump
The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 12 of 15
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

O.K., maybe I need to clarify.....I have 3 subprime CC's. I want 3-4 prime CC's to replace them with. If I were to close the 3 subprime cards right after I open the prime cards, will my scores plummet? If this is the case, how long should I wait before closimg them?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way your score would "plummet" is if your utilization increases.

Close them when you are ready -

ferferhess wrote:
O.K., maybe I need to clarify.....I have 3 subprime CC's. I want 3-4 prime CC's to replace them with. If I were to close the 3 subprime cards right after I open the prime cards, will my scores plummet? If this is the case, how long should I wait before closimg them?

Message 14 of 15
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Thanks Timothy!! I've gotten so confused with all of this reading I've been doing and now that my scores are at their best, I'm scared to take a misstep!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.