cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Bank of America report payments to credit bureau?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does Bank of America report payments to credit bureau?

Does anyone know when Bank of America reports payments made to the credit bureau? We are applying for a mortgage & I wondered if a last minute payment before the 1st of the month to boost my credit rating would help or if they waited until the statement date to report.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: When does Bank of America report payments to credit bureau?

My 3 BofA report the statment balance as do all my other business and personal CC. There are just a few that report something else and I think they are all somewhat unusual.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

staRe: When does Bank of America report payments to credit bureau?

Thank you. I won't bother making an extra payment as my statement doesn't post until the 12th &  my report will be pulled before then.

Message 3 of 8
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: staRe: When does Bank of America report payments to credit bureau?

one trick that has worked in the past with boa is do your payments let them post then go into your account settings and change your contact info (even if you just change it to what it already is) that generally will cause them to update your balance on your reports.

Message 4 of 8
OneStepAhead
New Visitor

None of my credit cards report on the statement date. My US Bank cards always reports the last day of the month. My Citi Bank cards report on the 1st day of the month. My discover card reports on the 12th of the month. I just got a BoA card so it remains to be seen what day they actually report. No matter what, they all report whatever your balance is on the day they are reporing, not what your balance was at the end of the statement. It may be that your current balance and statement balance are the same thing though. If I paid my cards on the statement date my utilization would be through the roof. I always pay my cards in full 2 days before the last day of the month, regardless of when they are due. If you are appling for something I highly recommend paying down your balances at least 2 days before the end of the month. Your credit score will recovery immediately after they report.

Message 5 of 8
Commutator
Valued Member

Re: When does Bank of America report payments to credit bureau?

@Woolfman wrote:

one trick that has worked in the past with boa is do your payments let them post then go into your account settings and change your contact info (even if you just change it to what it already is) that generally will cause them to update your balance on your reports.

It stills works. I accidentally reported a balance 2 weeks ago when I decided to change my contact information. They reported my balance at the time of change, and it took between 2-5 days to appear on my credit reports.

@OneStepAhead wrote:

None of my credit cards report on the statement date. My US Bank cards always reports the last day of the month. My Citi Bank cards report on the 1st day of the month. My discover card reports on the 12th of the month. I just got a BoA card so it remains to be seen what day they actually report. No matter what, they all report whatever your balance is on the day they are reporing, not what your balance was at the end of the statement. It may be that your current balance and statement balance are the same thing though. If I paid my cards on the statement date my utilization would be through the roof. I always pay my cards in full 2 days before the last day of the month, regardless of when they are due. If you are appling for something I highly recommend paying down your balances at least 2 days before the end of the month. Your credit score will recovery immediately after they report.

This isn't my experience with Discover. They always report my statement balance.

Message 6 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@OneStepAhead wrote:

None of my credit cards report on the statement date.

How are you verifying this?  Keep in mind that the reporting date and the date that the CRA actually updates using the reported data can be different,  The CRA's take several days to update once the have received the reported data.  Most cards report the statement balance at statement end.  I think all of mine do but I recently added a US Bank card that has yet to report.

Message 7 of 8
Bman70
Established Contributor

My Cash Rewards invariably reports (shows up on credit reports) within 3 days after statement closes.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.