Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Capital One report:?

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

When does Capital One report:?

I just got a new Capital One card and would like to know when they report balance and usage to the CRAs.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: When does Capital One report:?

First statement cut.

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When ever your statement cuts/prints. So if you have used the card a lot and have high uti...you want to pay that off before your statement cuts. Because whatever prints on your statement is what is going to be reported to the CBs. So it's different for everyone.

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

My card didnt report until the 2nd statement cut, so it differs.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

depending on what your statement cut off date is, they report the day after the cut off.  at least that's what they told me yesterday when i asked about my account.

Message 5 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

My card didnt report until the 2nd statement cut, so it differs.

Same here, it took a couple of months for me.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here for one of my Cap1 cards, didn't report until 2 statements in, but the other one reported as soon as the first statement cut. The odd thing is that the one that took longer to report had the statement cut earlier (2nd of the month instead of the 13th), so I don't know how that works. I guess it hadn't been a full 30 day cycle for it.

Now they seem to report within a few days of the statement cutting, which always hurts my util% since I don't get paid till AFTER they report every time. Hard to PIF before I get my paycheck. Not really Cap One's fault, it's just inconvenient.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.