cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Chase Sapphire first report?

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: When does Chase Sapphire first report?

It is a great tool for the consumer. Another reason to like Chase.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 11 of 23
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Driftless: You said you ran your Reserve? up to $4,700 and then pif'ed? What was your credit limit at the time? Mine is only $5k, so I would never run it up that high without feeling like I was freaking them out as a new card user. I assumed yours was also a new card.....am I being paranoid?

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldnt worry having $546 report anyway, your credit limit is 5k so 500ish in balance really isnt that bad being reported. Also, utlization has no memory, the next time you pay it down to $0 or the next balance statment comes itll change again too. Also, to your above question, youre not that much of a new user as you had the CSP for a year now and if you think about it, if you run charges that high and PIF you could get yourself a nice auto increase! lol. 

Message 13 of 23
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Stryder wrote:

Driftless: You said you ran your Reserve? up to $4,700 and then pif'ed? What was your credit limit at the time? Mine is only $5k, so I would never run it up that high without feeling like I was freaking them out as a new card user. I assumed yours was also a new card.....am I being paranoid?

Actually the card that I was referring to is my new CSR and it has a higher limit. Running up $4,700.00 on $5k SL card is never a good idea.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 14 of 23
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

@driftless wrote:

@Stryder wrote:

Actually the card that I was referring to is my new CSR and it has a higher limit. Running up $4,700.00 on $5k SL card is never a good idea.

Thats what I figured...run it up 30% then pif? 50%

GeekyCredit guy: Thanks for the input. Actually I just got my card 3 weeks ago. I know that  $546 wont make much difference, I paid it off today to see what happens.

I was more intersted in seeing what would happen when my BCE and CSP hits my aaoa...I currently had 3 cards with aaoa of 2.1yrs.

I also only had one card reporting and I let a second report $10 to see hwat would happen...my TU went up 6 pts and my EQ went 4pts? Now this will make 3 reporting bl..just trying to learn! 

Thanks for your help!

Message 15 of 23
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Stryder wrote:

@driftless wrote:

@Stryder wrote:

Thats what I figured...run it up 30% then pif? 50%

Actually, that is what I did with both my Freedom and CSP cards and I received auto SP CLI's of 50% and 100% for both between the 4th and 5th statement.  I PIF'd my CSR because I was annoyed any balance had reported.  I am, however, going to use my CSR hard and hope for the same result.

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 16 of 23
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Actually, that is what I did with both my Freedom and CSP cards and I received auto SP CLI's of 50% and 100% for both between the 4th and 5th statement.  I PIF'd my CSR because I was annoyed any balance had reported.  I am, however, going to use my CSR hard and hope for the same result.

Sooo you're saying on your CSP you would max it out...pif,,,run it up, pif and you got an sp cl (which is what I want since I'm in the garden) after 4- 5 months (MMMV..my milage may vary)

Message 17 of 23
driftless
Valued Contributor

No, I never maxed out any Chase card even between statements. I would PIF any card when it reaches ~ the 40% level even if it was not close to the statement cutting. I would do that twice per statement if needed.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 18 of 23
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

@driftless wrote:
No, I never maxed out any Chase card even between statements. I would PIF any card when it reaches ~ the 40% level even if it was not close to the statement cutting. I would do that twice per statement if needed.

Awesome, that is what Im doing...I just wasn't sure how high up to run it...I was planning on not over 30%. But my concern is why would I need a CLI if I wasn't even using half my sl. Thanks for sharing....it means a lot to me as I try to figure this out!

Message 19 of 23
driftless
Valued Contributor

FWIW - my wife has exactly the same cards and she did not use them much. She did not receive an auto-CLI.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.