Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Discover reports new cards?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

When does Discover reports new cards?

When does Discover reports new card to CRA's? I know GE backed cards report right after the approval. Does any one know when Discover might report new cards to CRA's?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

From instant online approval to appearing on Experian, mine took about 6 calendar (not business) days. They usually report fast.
Message 2 of 20
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new Discover card. They're a very good company to deal with.  I'm just curious though... how many INQs do you have on your reports?  I've read a lot of your posts and it seems you apply for credit a lot.
CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 3 of 20
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:
Congrats on the new Discover card. They're a very good company to deal with.  I'm just curious though... how many INQs do you have on your reports?  I've read a lot of your posts and it seems you apply for credit a lot.

They pulled TU for me. 1 Inq and scores around 720. It is the last major card that I never had. Now my card collection is complete.
Message 4 of 20
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I applied on 10/15/08 for Discover More, and it was on all my reports for October 2008. Since EQ and EX show the month, they show 10/1, but TU shows the actual day of 10/15.

I requested a CLI on the phone option 10/10/09 and I was so excited they went from $8 to $10K. Then they took until December to report it.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very often it is on your CR before you even get the card.

They seem to vary on who they pull, TU and EQ.  And this doesn't appear to be location dependent, because I was pulled TU, but family in my same town had EQ pulled.

CONGRATS concord on the new acquisition and completing your collection Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 12-27-2009 09:50 AM
Message 6 of 20
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I got my instant on 12/24; Concord I will let you know when mines report or vise versa please.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
When does Discover reports new card to CRA's? I know GE backed cards report right after the approval. Does any one know when Discover might report new cards to CRA's?

DFS reports your new account to the CBR's sometime between the issuance of your account number and the production of the plastic card, i.e. immediately after your approval.
Message 8 of 20
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Mine reported a couple of days after approval AND then about 3 more times between that time and the end of the first billing cycle.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I read on here that Discover might take up to two months. Best Buy (HSBC) has appeared on EX today and I was just approved about 5 days ago. I hvent received my card yet, thats kind of quick isn't it? I hope Discover takes a little longer because I'm still waiting to app one more card and I know the new accounts will hurt me

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.