cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Household Bank "Platinum" Visa report?

tag
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

When does Household Bank "Platinum" Visa report?

Hello! I have a $400 CL Household Bank "Platinum" Visa (by far the crappiest card I have), and am wondering if anyone knows when this particular card reports to the bureaus? I know it's HSBC, but it does not seem to report at the end of the month like other HSBC cards. Is it safe to assume then that they report near the statement date?

Also, my due date was the 19th; the statement date will be the 24th. I put a charge on it yesterday on the 20th - if I PIF before the statement cuts, will it show interest on that charge? (In other words, not a $0 balance.) Thanks! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: When does Household Bank "Platinum" Visa report?

@wndrwmn78 wrote:

Hello! I have a $400 CL Household Bank "Platinum" Visa (by far the crappiest card I have), and am wondering if anyone knows when this particular card reports to the bureaus? I know it's HSBC, but it does not seem to report at the end of the month like other HSBC cards. Is it safe to assume then that they report near the statement date?

Also, my due date was the 19th; the statement date will be the 24th. I put a charge on it yesterday on the 20th - if I PIF before the statement cuts, will it show interest on that charge? (In other words, not a $0 balance.) Thanks! Smiley Happy

All my cards report on the statement cut date. That 19th due date was from your june 24 bill...your charge on the 20th will be posted on the bill that cuts on July 24.  Pay it now (online on their website or thru your checking acct.  Whichever is faster/cheaper) & it will reflect before cut date on 7/24.  Making July bill bal $0.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Household/HSBC/Orchard cards generally report on the last business day of the month.  If that's not the case with your card (and it's odd that it wouldn't be), then it would report on the statement date. 
Message 3 of 6
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys! I appreciate your help. I still get myself confused sometimes by overthinking things. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@JoeBJay20 wrote:
Household/HSBC/Orchard cards generally report on the last business day of the month.  If that's not the case with your card (and it's odd that it wouldn't be), then it would report on the statement date. 

Some HSBC cards report at the end of the month. Others report on the statement date. It is either one or the other and does not change back and forth.

My Direct Merchants Bank MasterCard (HSBC) reports on the statement date. It has always reported that way.

Message 5 of 6
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Some HSBC cards report at the end of the month. Others report on the statement date. It is either one or the other and does not change back and forth.

My Direct Merchants Bank MasterCard (HSBC) reports on the statement date. It has always reported that way.

Yes, my HSBC Best Buy store card also reports on the statement date. However, my BB Reward Zone MC reports at the end of the month. I will never understand HSBC. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.