Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the age start for new cards

tag
red259
Super Contributor

When does the age start for new cards

For CRAs when new cards start being reported what is the start date. For example, if I was approved online in may and receieved/activated the card in June, and the card company sent out the first report to the CRA on the 1st of July, when would my start date be for purposes of AAoA?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: When does the age start for new cards

I've had 2 cc's that were approved the last day of the month. Cc's received and activated about 7-10 days later. Both of them show as opened the month approved.
Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: When does the age start for new cards

@red259 wrote:

For CRAs when new cards start being reported what is the start date. For example, if I was approved online in may and receieved/activated the card in June, and the card company sent out the first report to the CRA on the 1st of July, when would my start date be for purposes of AAoA?

Depends on the Bureau. EX & EQ will report it starting on the 1st day of the month it was reported. TU reports it open on the exact day it was opened.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.